We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harvard Square Thanksgiving Weekend

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amherst...
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Harvard Square Thanksgiving Weekend

Like we’ve done several times, we are spending the Friday and Saturday night after Thanksgiving in Boston. Other than a Celtics game, we have a pretty wide open itinerary which usually consists of just bumming around, eating, drinking, window shopping and people watching. Since neither of us has ever been to Harvard Square, I thought it might be worth checking out. I see that there’s a lot going on there during the warmer months, but what about this time of year? Is there still a lot going on? It looks like we can just take the red line straight there from Atlantic Ave. without much to lose. Nothing ventured nothing gained, but I’m still curious to know what to expect.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Harvard Square Thanksgiving Weekend

Well, you know the students won't be around. Other than that, everything that's there the week before will be there this weekend as well.

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harvard Square Thanksgiving Weekend

It will be plenty busy.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,287 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harvard Square Thanksgiving Weekend

I always like puttering about in Harvard Square, Porter Square, Davis Square. There are plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from and stores to wander and window shop. Of course, it is fun to wander into Harvard Yard and people watch although I would suspect things to be quieter this weekend. Here's some info from the Harvard Square site: http://www.harvardsquare.com/events.aspx

Australia
Level Contributor
782 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harvard Square Thanksgiving Weekend

Just visited Harvard yard this morning (thanksgiving). Glorious day though, warm and sunny blue sky.

Very quiet with a few other people around - tourists like me.

Starbucks were open near the station and 1 or 2 other coffee type establishments.

5. Re: Harvard Square Thanksgiving Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, December 16, 2013