We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$950 apartment in Fenway too good to be true?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
$950 apartment in Fenway too good to be true?

Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions before! I forgot to specify that I am getting married, so I'm thinking that a studio would be too small for both of us. I will be in Boston on May 4-6, and since I have such a limitted itme to look at apartments I don't want to look at any that will be a waste of my time.

I found several apartments on Craig's List that seem like they would be really good deals, but I am wondering if there is something wrong with them because they are relatively inexpensive. (Unsafe area, roaches in building, etc.) I found a few 1 BR apartments for as low as $950 in the Fenway, Kenmore, Brighton, and Mission Hill. I also found a 2 BR in the Northeaster area for $1200.

So do these low prices mean that there is something wrong with the apartments? I have literally been having nightmares about roaches lately! Also what do you guys think about Jamaica Plains? I heard that it is an easy commute from there to the Museum School. (My school is in the Fenway and my studio will be in Mission Hill.)

Thank you so much for your help! You guys are much more helpful than if I Googled these topics for hours!

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,156 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: $950 apartment in Fenway too good to be true?

Dot---Check out this website for info on different apartment buildings---www.apartmentratings.com--while it doesn't list every building in Boston, it does give you some idea about what the tenants think about certain buildings.