We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston-October-Game?

Toronto, on
Level Contributor
130 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Boston-October-Game?

Hi,

I'm planning to take my boyfriend to Boston in October for his 30th Birthday and hopefully go see a Patriots game. I hear the world Series is in October also, does anyone know when it is or if it is even possible to get tickets? That would be a great suprise for him. Want to stay somehere nice too...any help would be appreciated.

Boston, Mass.
Level Contributor
913 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston-October-Game?

The World Series generally runs from the middle of October and can last until the end of the month. Getting tickets is very dependant on which teams are actually playing. If the Red Sox are fortunate enough to make it the chances of getting tickets legally are slim to none.

Toronto, on
Level Contributor
130 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston-October-Game?

Thanks. I guess I'll count that out then. Any places I can get Patriots tickets, I'm not from the US....

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston-October-Game?

Pats tickets might be tough to get. I think season ticketholders are prohibited from selling through a third party vendor. You can only give them away to others or sell them at face value. Go to Patriots.com and check it out.

The World Series happens in different cities every year depending on who is playing. If the Blue Jays keep up the way they've been you might be able to stay home and go to the Rogers Centre! LOL

As for places to stay, search the archives here. There are plenty of suggestions already listed.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
394 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston-October-Game?

Tickets have not gone on sale yet for the Pats. They go on sale May 13, 10:00 a.m. EST through ticketmaster. It's not easy to get tickets this way - they sell out within minutes - but it can be done with a little luck. Unfortunately, the Pats will only play at home once in October and it will be against the Dolphins, which is a big draw. But I'd definitely see if you can get lucky over the Web, you never know.