We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

guys weekend in August

philadelphia
9 posts
Save Topic
guys weekend in August

A group of us are sending our husbands to Boston for the weekend to see a Red Sox game and a guys getaway, we live in philly. They are all in their early 30's and am looking for a good hotel that they can walk to some local pubs and still be able to get to Fenway

Boston, Mass.
Level Contributor
913 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: guys weekend in August

Any of the major hotels in the Back Bay should fit the bill. The Back Bay Hilton, Sheraton Boston, Colonade, Marriot Copley Place or Westin Copley Place are good locations for pubs and easy walks to Fenway.

knb
colorado
Level Contributor
705 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: guys weekend in August

My son wants to go to a Red Sox game. How does one get tickets, besides from the scalpers or e-bay?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,423 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: guys weekend in August

knb--start with calling the Red Sox at 1-877-REDSOX9 (1-877-733-7699) Go through the prompts and seek out the human in the box office! Although the games have been sell outs, you may be able to get single seats. Otherwise, tickets are released day of the game. You have to line up hours ahead for that.

philadelphia
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: guys weekend in August

we usually go thru stub hub, they are pricey but that is the only way to get sold out tickets..

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,169 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: guys weekend in August

Hi,

One other hotel which would be a great location is the Hotel Commonwealth. It's right in Kenmore Sq. just outside of Fenway. It's also close to all the action on Landsdowne St.

As for tickets to the Sox, for single seats, you can try calling the ticket office, otherwise your best bet is probably to find a scalper outside the park the day of the game. Although it's technically illegal, many of the tickets get sold that way.

knb
colorado
Level Contributor
705 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: guys weekend in August

Thanks to those who replyed about how to get Red Sox tickets. I will give it a go. My husband and son are doing a father/son trip next month and my son is a hugh Red Sox fan (just like everyone else!).

knb
colorado
Level Contributor
705 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: guys weekend in August

Ship1206 - I went to stub hub. I am not familar with Fenway Park. Can you tell me what G2 or GS3 stand for? I think G stands for ground level and GS may stand for grand stand, am I correct. Perhaps you or someone else can recommend where to sit. I noticed some of the sellers said their seats are unobstructed. I just need help, I am sooooo confused.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,423 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: guys weekend in August

knb-- The sections you mentioned are both Outfield Grandstand. For a map clearer than stubhub's go to: …mlb.com/NASApp/…seating_pricing.jsp

Also, you can check out seatdata.com for a rough overview of the section, post your query on the Red Sox fan forum, or check back here with specific seat question. (I suggest you do a new thread). You most definitely do not want an obstructed view. What that means is a seat which is right behind a steel pole!

philadelphia
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: guys weekend in August

I am also confused about the tickets at Fenway.. My girlfriend is calling the red sox ticket office to clarify before we buy any tickets..I don't know how many seats are obstructed but I do know that 2 sections do not allow any alcohol. I am from Philly so any seat suggestions would be appreciated...

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,423 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: guys weekend in August

calling sox directly a good start. i happen to like the alcohol free sections 32-33 although you miss some action in the left field corner. let me know if you have a specific section question