We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels outside Boston near Red Line T

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ, USA
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels outside Boston near Red Line T

I'm looking for a hotel outside Boston / Cambridge that is near the Red Line T for access to Harvard Square - any suggestions. We've stayed in Cambridge, Boston and as far away as Saugus and are looking for something reasonably priced that allows us to leave our car behind.

Thanks

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
83 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotels outside Boston near Red Line T

Looking for a reasonable hotel to stay in to go to a Red Sox game. Would prefer public transportation, after seeing the price to park around Fenway! Any advice would be awesome! Thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,062 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotels outside Boston near Red Line T

You should start a new thread and give us your dates and budget for a reasonable hotel. Prices in Boston fluctuate depending upon dates.

Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Hotels outside Boston near Red Line T

how about bargain hotels farther out on the green line (budget!)

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,087 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hotels outside Boston near Red Line T

Anne H, you should also start a new thread. To do that, look for the "Ask a question" button. It's easier to find from the main forum topic list rather than when you are reading the discussions in a prior thread.

That said, look at Hotel Indigo in Newton.

EC, TX
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hotels outside Boston near Red Line T

Ok - I know this is an old post, but I'm going to add one more option. When visiting Harvard, we stay at the Holiday Inn in Somerville. I know. Hear me out. Fantastic staff (no, I'm not related - just stayed there four times in a year and treated fabulously each time). Not the best area, but free shuttle to pretty much wherever you want to go. Subway stop is not far (orange line), and I feel safe walking it (from Texas - not accustomed to walking anywhere you can drive). And there is a great neighborhood bar very close - gives you the real feel of the area - interesting people. Recently renovated (in the past year) and for a room around $100. That close to Cambridge, I haven't found a better price.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
37 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hotels outside Boston near Red Line T

My husband and I are planning a trip to the Boston area 9/23-9/27/2014. We would like to stay outside of Boston proper for cheaper accommodation rates. It would be nice to find a place that's quiet and fairly close to subway stations since we're in our 60's. Sure would appreciate any suggestions from trip advisor travellors.

Thanks,

Fran and Jim Nichols

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Hotels outside Boston near Red Line T

Please read some of the recent postings. If you still have specific questions, then create your own posting, not tacked onto this old one.

18. Re: Hotels outside Boston near Red Line T

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 10, 2015