We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels for 1 night

fairfield, ct
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hotels for 1 night

I will be in town for 1 night with my husband and 3 children (10,7 & 4). I'm not sure where to stay. The Boston Park Plaza has a package called kids love Boston which includes 1 night accomodations, complimentary parking, movie rental, breakfast for 4 in the Swan's cafe, 4 Imax tickets and 4 NE Aquarium tickets. We're only going to be there from Wed am to Thurs eve so I figured all we need is the Duck tour and we'll have covered a lot of ground in a short time. We have to buy tickets for the 3rd child but the rest is included for $365.00. We were considering the Clarion Bulfinch for $224.00 for a king bed suite or the Double tree for $219.00. The Park Plaza seems like a good deal but is it ok for 5 people in a room? The reviews were not too good.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels for 1 night

Given the central location of the Park Plaza and the fact that you'll be here for just 1 night, bina, I think you would find at least acceptable, even tho' not outstanding.

But, you should first call any of these properties to find out if they will agree to book a family of 5 into 1 room. Their responses may whittle down your options. Many hotels want only 4 people in a room; some count kids under age 5 as a "person", others do not. For example, another TripAdvisor recently alerted us to the fact that a local hotel would not accept a reservation for her family of 5 -- and her youngest was an infant. :-(

Chicago
Level Contributor
690 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels for 1 night

The Park Plaza is okay, but it wouldn't be my first or even second choice. As someone else said, however, the issue is whether any of the hotels will allow 5 people to a room. Also regarding the package deal, will you really have time to visit the Aquarium, to to the IMAX and do other sightseeing stuff? Even older kids need some downtime so think about whether doing all this is really feasible for your family. There's so much to see in Boston and so much of it is walkable.

The Duck Tour is great, just be sure to get there early or get tickets in advance.