We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the best time to visit Boston

Aberystwyth, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
When is the best time to visit Boston

Hi I am planning a trip to Boston Fly/drive and wondered when you thought was the best time to come. We plan to go up the coast a bit and explore a bit. We are coming from the UK.

Thanks

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,423 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: When is the best time to visit Boston

Anytime. Except maybe January or February. Unless of course you are skiers. Right now would be good, too. Shall we put you down for tomorrow?

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When is the best time to visit Boston

My favorite seasons in New England are the spring and fall. There are a lot of tourists in NE in the fall though. And if you like beaches, spring or fall wouldn't be the best time. If you just want to drive and see lovely scenery, late spring, May/June would be good.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,996 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When is the best time to visit Boston

Probably May/June. Sept/Oct/Nov. But, October is a very busy month and hotel prices are high in Boston. Hotel prices are also high in May because there are so many college graduations.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,048 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When is the best time to visit Boston

September and October are my favorites ... but it's a pricey time of the year. January and February are the least expensive but not hte best time to plan a driving vacation.

Woburn...
Level Contributor
232 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When is the best time to visit Boston

If you are planning to combine a Boston visit with a trip up the coast then I would definitely pick mid September...the coast is still very pleasant in September but without the crowds. Boston fluctuates so much anyhow that the Boston part of your journey should not be the primary deciding factor.

Aberystwyth, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When is the best time to visit Boston

Thank you all, will keep this in mind. I will be back with more questions when I come to book it all.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
449 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When is the best time to visit Boston

we r off there soon,

Boston...
Level Contributor
302 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: When is the best time to visit Boston

I'll throw in December with all the decorations. I make it a point each year to skate on the frog pond, stay at the Parker House and explore thru Beacon Hill. it's a great time of year to stay in Boston.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,250 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When is the best time to visit Boston

anytime after 9 am, I like to sleep late and nothing is open before that anyway.

Texas
Level Contributor
259 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: When is the best time to visit Boston

We will be in Cambridge/Boston for the Labor Day weekend. Although no one can predict temps a month away, can someone tell me what your typical Labor Day weekend weather is like from years past? Here on the Texas coast, Labor Day is always miserably hot and humid. Some years we even have hurricanes brewing in the Gulf that are being monitored over the long weekend; sure hope that is not the case this year.