We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Suggestions - 1 Day (Wed)

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
2 posts
Save Topic
Looking for Suggestions - 1 Day (Wed)

Hello All,

I'm looking for helpful suggestions on the night life and respective lodgings in the Boston area for a Wednesday night (last week of April). It seems that all the clubs open the week on a Thursday.

We're looking for a fun lounge/club to check out while we're there for the night. It's a group of 4 guys and we're all in our mid-20s. We're open to most things as long as there's no attitude or elitism involved.

Also, we'd like to get a hotel nearby so that we can simply walk to and from the area. We're looking to spend $200 at the most. Any suggestions for accomodations would be greatly appreciated! I hope that's enough information. If not, please let me know.

TIA!

Newport, RI
Level Contributor
380 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Suggestions - 1 Day (Wed)

Look into the millenium hotel

look at the side on the home bosston page i think they are number 76 or something like that

$149/night

right ontop of faneuil hall and there are many bars to go to

the Purplue shamrock

the hong kong

and i know there are a bunch more all within falling distance from the hotel

parking is a pain but there is a great parking garage up the street at the haymarket T station

also lots of clubs towards the fleetcenter

pick up a Phoniex (newpaper) it will tel you what is going on

Have fun

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Suggestions - 1 Day (Wed)

It's a little difficult to make a call on what kind of nighlife you're looking for. Probably the most variety can be found in the area between the Back Bay/Copley and Quincy Market areas. The Milner and Tremont House are loctaed in the middle of those areas, but aren't exactly the most luxurious, to say the least. The Copley SQUARE Hotel (not Plaza) and Midtown Motor Inn are also less expensive than many places, and are located nearer to Copley Sqaure.

In addition to the Boston Phoenix, look for copies of the Improper Bostonian and Stuff@Night. These are all free, and can be found in curbside boxes near many subway stations in town. If you "google" them, you can get information before you get to town.

As far as hotels go, you should shop price first, then look at the locations. Most hotels that list locations near the waterfront, Freedom Trail, downtown or the Copley/Back Bay areas are within walking distance of most stuff... Boston is relatively small, and we have a great subway system that's easy to use (though it shuts down before most clubs do).

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,929 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Suggestions - 1 Day (Wed)

I would probably stay somewhere near Quincy Market, or within walking distance.

Also, don't forget that distances in Boston are MUCH less than in Houston. The two major club-heavy locations are around North Station/Quincy Market area, and around Fenway Park. It's probably a $8.00 cab ride from one to the other.

If you are looking for more than one room, and you are only staying two to a room at most, you could try Priceline. You might be able to get a nice downtown hotel for under $150/night.

If you want to stay near Quincy Market, here are some hotels:

Omni Parker House

Milennium Bostonian

Marriot Custom House

Marriott Long Wharf

Clarion Bullfinch

Kimpton Onyx

All these are very easy walking distance to the "fun".

In the Fenway area, you could try the Oasis Guest House, which is a B&B that gets good reviews here, and I've had friends stay who thought it was very nice:

http://www.oasisgh.com

Have fun!

Boston, Mass.
Level Contributor
913 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Suggestions - 1 Day (Wed)

The Clarion Bullfinch Hotel on Merrimac St. gets good reviews and is in the middle of alot of decent night life. You have Union Street and Faneuil Hall a stones throw away as well as Causeway St. & Canal St. with plenty of bars and restaurants. The beauty of this area is that if you try one place and don't like it there is another just outside the door. You could easily hit 15 different places within several city blocks.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for Suggestions - 1 Day (Wed)

A website that lists events...

www.fnxradio.com/1/concerts/concerts.asp

or, check out www.stuffatnight.com

Houston, TX
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for Suggestions - 1 Day (Wed)

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. It definitely gives me some direction as to how to run my searches and do my research.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for Suggestions - 1 Day (Wed)

Hey Slago, what's going on. I know of several places for a group of fun-loving guys to go out to. You probably want to check out out one of two areas, either Cambridge or Allston. Allston is the area of Boston where young 20 somethings gather to drink and eat cheap food and enjoy the bar scene. The atmosphere is very laid back and there are some great places to grab a beer and cheap food (Sunset Grille) 100 + beers and there are some places where you can just hang out all night like Common Ground, WonderBar, Our House, etc.

Now, I prefer Cambridge, the demographic tends to be mid-height twenties--The Phoenix Landing is great for dancing to 80's, the People's Republik is a good place to end the night--darts, cheap drinks very laid back (in between Harvard and Mass Ave) MiddleSex is usually full of beautiful woman (near central square) and The Middle East is good for seeing concerns and shows. Pick up a Weekly Dig while you're in town or a Boston Phoenix. (you can also check out the websites online)