We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Cheesecake in Boston??

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
177 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Best Cheesecake in Boston??

Hi there

Off to Boston next week at the start of our honeymoon and wie to be loves her cheesecake- just wondered if people could recommend some good sources

I vaguely seem to remember reading somewhere about a place in/near Faneuil Hall

All help appreciated :-)

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Boston CityPASS
43 Reviews
from $59.00*
Boston Explorer Pass
3 Reviews
from $72.00*
Special Offer
Go Boston Card
127 Reviews
from $56.00*
$59.00
Cambridge...
Level Contributor
182 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Cheesecake in Boston??

There's a Cheesecake Factory at the Prudential Center...

Green line to Prudential

http://www.cheesecakefactory.com/

Mentioned in this post
Prudential Center
Prudential Center
1,428 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boston, Mass.
Level Contributor
913 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Cheesecake in Boston??

Add another vote for the Cheesecake Factory.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Cheesecake in Boston??

Definitely the Cheesecake Factory!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Cheesecake in Boston??

I love the cheesecake factory even though it's a chain. But if you're set on going to a non-chain for great cheese cake--try Athan's in Brookline. They have absolutely fabulous desserts. It's located directly across the C-line T at Washington Square. There is also a great restaurant called Fireplace which I recommend trying sometime :D

http://boston.citysearch.com/profile/4790653

Mentioned in this post
Brookline
Brookline
Massachusetts
Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Cheesecake in Boston??

Hands down The Best Cheesecake in Boston is The Cheesecake Factory! There's the one located at the "The Shops" at the Prudential Center in downtown Boston at the front of the Huntington Wing. There's the Chestnut Hill Cheesecake Factory at 300 Boylston Street at the Atrium Mall and lastly my favorite convenient one is at the Cambridgeside Galleria located at 100 Cambridge Place; not too far from the Museum of Science. When you look at all their different selections of Cheesecakes on their menu online? You'll see SO many it's not even funny! There's no other place like it in New England with this many to choose from! Of course there's Finale's but they only have blueberry and/or strawberry! Check out the Cheesecake Factory's menu here and you'll see many many different types of cheesecakes! SO many in fact that you won't know which one to get! It's even harder to choose when you see them all in their window display right in the restaurant!

www.thecheesecakefactory.com

Finale's is wonderful though too in it's own special way! Especially where you're on your honeymoon! The atmosphere at the Finale's is positively wonderful, you can't beat it! It's a place that you'll HAVE to try to get to at least once, you'll see what I mean! There's a Finale's located right at Park Plaza in fact it's One Columbus Avenue, so look for it, it gets pretty crowded on weekends and after a show or Play! There's a Finale's at 30 Dunster St. in Cambridge's Harvard Sq. that's a fun place to go to! This summer there's going to be ANOTHER Finale's at Coolidge Corner in Brookline, which will be a big hit!

Have Fun & Best Wishes!

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Prudential Center
Prudential Center
1,428 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boylston Street
Boylston Street
109 Reviews
Boston, MA
Cambridge
Cambridge
Massachusetts
Museum of Science
Museum of Science
2,882 Reviews
Boston, MA
New England
New England
United States
Brookline
Brookline
Massachusetts
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Cheesecake in Boston??

I also remember a place with great desserts, including cheesecake at the Quincy Market, but can't remember the name. I think Rosie's in South Station used to make a great one, too. Haven't been there for awhile though, so I don't know what it's like now... or even if it's still there.

I just want to say a word about the Cheesecake Factory. As the name implies, it is their specialty, and is excellent, though I was sorely disappointed in the rest of their food. I went there not too long ago with 3 friends, and the quality of their burgers and other Bennigan's-like menu selections left much to be desired.

I also want to add my voice to the chorus in praise of Finale. I've never had cheesecake there, but everything I have had has been terrific.

Mentioned in this post
Quincy Market
Quincy Market
2,862 Reviews
Boston, MA
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
57 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Cheesecake in Boston??

Another great place is Mike's Pastries - they have an amazing triple-layered cheesecake.