We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire in Boston and places to visit on route to Marthas...

North of UK
Level Contributor
128 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire in Boston and places to visit on route to Marthas...

Hi,

we are travelling from New York to Boston on Amtrak and will stay one night in Boston. We are then travelling to Marthas Vineyard for a weeks stay and then back to Boston for our last 3 days.

We have usually booked our hire car in the UK but I was wondering if there is a good hire/rental company who would hire to UKers in Boston? We have another 2 days to 'sightsee' spare and I was wondering if we should either see some more of Cape Cod or go and visit Salem.

Has anyone got any other 'must sees' that we could fit in as we travel from Boston to MV?

We will hand the car back when we return to Boston.

I was looking at the Onyx or Jurys hotel. We are a couple 40 years upwards and stayed at Best Westerns right through to the 'Bellagio' in Las Vegas on our touring holiday last year but we do like our bit of luxury. Being central is more important which may rule out the Onyx.

Thanks in anticipation.

BOSTON USA
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Car hire in Boston and places to visit on route to Marthas...

I agree with "Edgers" contact Amtrak direct about your luggage concerns, I have extensive Train travel experience in europe but little here in the U.S. I would guess if anything maybe you would have to pay a little extra for the weight if at all ?.