We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit during thanksgiving

downingtown,pa
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
visit during thanksgiving

I'm going to Boston with my husband, 8-yr, and two other adult family members over Thanksgiving. Trying to decide what to actually do for Thanksgiving if anyone has an idea. Also, which is a better deal when you're trying to do all the typical sights the 'Go Boston' card or the 'City Pass' card? Also, we plan to take my sister-in-law out for a special dinner - she's eclectic not fancy - but we want something nice - any suggestions? Thank you!

Columbia MD
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visit during thanksgiving

Assuming you have a car, I would try Longfellow's Wayside Inn for Thanksgiving Dinner (www.wayside.org). It's a great Colonial New England experience. I think it's about 20 miles outside of Boston (take I90 west to I95 north to route 20 west), but it's a pleasant ride.

Regarding your eclectic (does that mean weird?) sister-in-law, the last time I took people out to eat in Boston we went to Durgin Park in the Fanueil Hall area. It's considered to be touristy by the locals, but my friends enjoyed it. Durgin Park is a very old Boston restaurant.

HMP
Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: visit during thanksgiving

Not sure exactly what you mean by "eclectic," but try looking into Cuchi Cuchi in Cambridge. The decor, menu, drinks, and staff are all kind of funky and eclectic. You may want to check their website to make sure there is something your 8-year old would eat.