We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 posts
Save Topic
Mexican Restaurant by Fenway

Years ago we went to a restaurant by Fenway, the El Phoenix. Is it still there?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,516 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexican Restaurant by Fenway

El Phoenix was a restaurant on Commonwealth Ave. in Brighton, between BU and BC. There is El Pelon on Peterborough St. in the Fenway. Is that what you're thinking of?

http://www.elpelon.com/

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,566 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexican Restaurant by Fenway

If you're looking for a Mexican restaurant near Fenway, La Verdad is right on Lansdowne St and is very, very good.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexican Restaurant by Fenway

We went to the El Phoenix on my 21st birthday when my husband was stationed at Ft. Devens. We're from Phoenix so we were trying to find Mexican food. We're going to be in Boston in August, and wanted to see if it still existed.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,516 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexican Restaurant by Fenway

I was confused because the Phoenix was a couple of miles from Fenway. But it must have been a memorable 21st birthday! I can see why you'd want to go back. Have a good trip.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexican Restaurant by Fenway

Back in the 70's the El Phoenix was the only Mexican restaurant around Boston. Great bar in the lower level, Dining area a few steps up with booths that had mini jukeboxes in each booth. No problem drinking here if you were under 21 (they had not lowered the age to 18 yet). Not sure if it still exists or was closed down by the board of health!

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mexican Restaurant by Fenway

I second La Verdad, corn cobs w cheese to die for

7. Re: Mexican Restaurant by Fenway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 07, 2013