We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels Near Boston T Stop

Rocky Hill, CT
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Hotels Near Boston T Stop

I am looking for somewhere to stay with my friends around Boston. It needs to be cheap (preferably less than $115) and be close to public transportation or offers a shuttle to it. Thanks!

Boston, Mass.
Level Contributor
913 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels Near Boston T Stop

The cost will vary depending on when you are visiting with off peak deals considerably less than some of the peak times. There is an AmeriSuites hotel in Medford (about 5 miles north of Boston) which offers a free shuttle to the Wellington T station on the Orange Line that will get you into the heart of Boston. Further north on I93 in Woburn there are a Marriot Residence Inn that is close to the Anderson Transportation Center which has commuter rail service into Boston's North Station. These would be decent choices if you have a car and plan on leaving it at the hotel.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels Near Boston T Stop

Hi Earthgirllink,

If you happen to be driving up from CONN. via 95 North there's a Motel 6 averaging $76 a night according to the TA site. There's a lot of good reviews on it here and it's right across the street from the Braintree MBTA "T" stop which would be ideal. It's located at 125 Union St. Rte 3 Exit 17 in Braintree. I've never seen it but people on the Forum have stayed there and it's clean, safe and convenient what more could you ask for, and really yuu're hardly in the room any way, that's what I found on my trip down to South Carolina this past December, we found places like this to be SO convenient for the $$$. Plus for you, for this type of $$$ a night it's ideal having the MBTA right across the street. It's up to you of course. There's a lot of others near the MBTA. That Ameri-Suites in Medford is VERY very good with a shuttle right to the Orange Line as well, it's highly recommended.

It's all up to how you're coming in to the area from CONN. and where you want to be located.

Have a good time, that's the most important thing!

Rocky Hill, CT
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels Near Boston T Stop

We would most likely be taking the train into Boston because we probably won't have access to a car for the whole weekend. I really don't care where we stay as long as its clean, safe, and has easy access to transportation. Thanks!

Rocky Hill, CT
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels Near Boston T Stop

Oh and we would most likely be going in either mid April or the beginning of June.

Seattle, Washington
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels Near Boston T Stop

Hi,

You might try the b&b in Cambridge called "A Friendly Inn" that is a short walk (maybe 7 min?) to the Harvard Square T stop on the red line. It's across from a school in a cute residential neighborhood. I think the rates are reasonable. They're online at http://www.afinow.com/afi/

I've heard it's a nice place to stay, and think the walk is nice; however, I reserved it for some family friends in their 60's and they thought the walk was a bit far with luggage. If you've got lots of bags, it would be a really cheap cab ride from Harvard Square.

Good luck.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels Near Boston T Stop

For Less than $115/night, your best bet is the Motel 6 in Braintree, as NoMo mentioned. It's clean enough and in a safe area, and it's across the street from the Braintree Red Line station, so it's easy to get around from there.

If you are taking the train into Boston, it should let you out at South Station, which is on the Red Line, so it's an easy transfer to get to Braintree.

Boston, Mass.
Level Contributor
913 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels Near Boston T Stop

On the Marriot web site for the first 5 nights in June they list full suites for $109 and complimentary shuttle service to the commuter rail.

west of boston, ma
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels Near Boston T Stop

earthgirl, try the Holiday Inn on Beacon St., Brookline

www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/bklma You will spend lots and lots of time commuting from Braintree to Boston. how many girls are coming? Are you sharing a room, more than one room? Can give more help if that is known. do some research looking up particular hotels on this search-- a hotel on the "T" is a good idea, brookline, boston, cambridge, to give you the experience it seems you want. And, if you are thinking of April, make sure it does not coincide with the Marathon!!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels Near Boston T Stop

Hyatt downtown...got it on hotwire over winter for $65. Summer is looking like $150. Spring is like $100. Depends on your dates.

I was right by the Orange and Green T.