We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Patricks Day 2012

wrexham
Level Contributor
70 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
St Patricks Day 2012

Hello,

I have booked my flights for the 15th-21st next year.

I have been to boston before but came in the summer last time and loved watching the red sox's. I have noticed the bruins are playing on the 17th and 19th march and would love to go watch them. Any1 know when the tickets are on sale and where to get them from?

Does anyone know when the parades are on next year?

I am a big dropkick murphys fan, so signed up to their newsletter to make sure I get some tickets.

Anything else I should check out while I am there for paddys day?

Best Seller
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
640 Reviews
from $94.50*
Best Seller
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,076 Reviews
from $41.95*
Best Seller
Boston Whale Watching Cruise
534 Reviews
from $55.65*
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Patricks Day 2012

The parade in South Boston (Southie) is going to be on March 18th

I am not sure when Bruins tickets go on sale but good luck getting them this year. Coming off the Cup winning year they are sure to be tough to get. They should go on sale through ticketmaster.com when they do

Since St Pats Day falls on a Sat this year the bars will sure to be busy. Any Irish bar will be full all day. So if you plan to go to one get there EARLY.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Boston
Level Contributor
7,244 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Patricks Day 2012

You should probably sign up for Bruins' email to get notified when tickets go on sale. The Bruins site also has an area where ticketholders can resell their tickets. I've gotten them this way in the past.

wrexham
Level Contributor
70 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Patricks Day 2012

Thanks for your helps guys. I will sign up for mailing list now. It was pretty tough to get red sox's tickets when we went in 2009. After hours in a online que, the only thing that was left was standing tickets. I will keep my eye out anyway.

Do you think its worth us visiting new york city for any paddys parades? or just stick to boston?

Mentioned in this post
York
York
Maine
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: St Patricks Day 2012

what are some "must do's" in Boston for a first time visit over St. Pat's Weekend???

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Patricks Day 2012

Boston's St Pats festivities should be more than enough excitement, I would suggest saving NYC for its own sake some other time

Check the "Top Questions about Boston" section in the right

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Dublin, Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: St Patricks Day 2012

Hey , I am just looking for some advice. My partner and I, are heading over to Boston for the first time and would basically like some info on the best things to do on Paddys Day. We are Irish and are travelling to Boston for a week and really exited about our visit. i was just wondering if there were any other activites or events on around that time that we might attend (other than the pubs haha :) )

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,928 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St Patricks Day 2012

The South Boston parade is an established event. For a long time it was the only St Patrick's Day celebration and was very much a neighborhood event.

We now have a St Patrick's breakfast where local politicians gather to see and be seen and "roast" each other (make fun of each other). I doubt that would be of interest to a tourist ... the media sound bytes of that event are enough for most locals.

Other than that, St Patrick's Day in Boston is mostly a drinking holiday popularized by the various pubs in town. The pubs will sell beer, some will have music and some will have a 'cover charge'.

There are not a lot of "events". The Drop Kick Murphys are performing at House of Blues the 14th, 15th and 16th, but admission comes with a hefty price tag. It's not like Independence Day or Patriots' Day where you find 'events' such as the battle reenactments, the Boston Marathon, the reading of the Declaration of Independence and a free concert and fireworks around town.

Edited: 4:57 pm, January 22, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Marathon
Marathon
Florida Keys, FL
Tesside uk
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: St Patricks Day 2012

Oh well ,drink it is then. Myself and 6 friends are meeting in Boston (4 travelling from Ireland and 3 from NE England.) Celebrating one chaps birthday on St Patricks Day and my 60th on the 18th March looks like a heavy weekend. We are staying in The Plaza on the Park. Is there plenty to do around this district and would we have to travel great distance to find the action.Wouldn't mind a walk now and again just to blow the cobwebs out Hic ! Hic !

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,928 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St Patricks Day 2012

I believe you mean the "Park Plaza". There's no park right next to it, so I wouldn't want you to be disappointed. ; )

There's plenty within a 5-15 minute walk from your hotel. Then there's the subway to take you to places like the Italian North End and Quincy Market.

If you want to go to the parade, you'll need to take the subway ... I believe the red line to Broadway Station or Andrew Station will but you in the general vicinity.

Mentioned in this post
North End
North End
6,466 Reviews
Boston, MA
Quincy Market
Quincy Market
3,002 Reviews
Boston, MA
Providence, Rhode...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: St Patricks Day 2012

Have a Sam Adams at the Greatest Bar(actual name) across from the Gahden.