We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discovered a interesting Boston website

I ♥ Boston
Level Contributor
238 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Discovered a interesting Boston website

I was searching for a strange fact in boston called the "skinny house" which by the way exist and worth the search. But the website that I found it on had very informative facts and helpful tips about Boston for both tourist and locals. Check it out.

http://www.celebrateboston.com/index.htm

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discovered a interesting Boston website

Akhaalid,

This just made me think of an article I read on the Boston Globe site from a few years ago and I remembered that I wanted to tell you about it where you live on the Hill.

Another famous person that lives on Beacon Hill's Louisburg Sq. is Robin Cook the author of more than 20 novels including such medical thrillers as "Coma", but the funniest part of this article I read about was that Robin Cook said that HE put up HIS US Flag first and Kerry was second, but in the article it goes on to say that Kerry is so far the first and only resident to have had the Secret Service posted outside his residence! (One home of MANY homes that he and his notorious wife Thersa Heinz own I'm sure!)

This article in the Boston Globe online also said that Mt. Vernon St. is the street that Henry James called the most beautiful street in the USA and that Acorn Street is the most photographed street in America!

Just think AKaalid you live RIGHT in the heart of all of this!

Have a great night.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discovered a interesting Boston website

AKhaalid,

This site IS VERY helpful and informative thank you for sharing it with us, it even gives precise directions from the "T" to different attractions.

Now you got me curious about that 'skinny house'....I have to search and read now....

I ♥ Boston
Level Contributor
238 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discovered a interesting Boston website

Yes,an interesting site to look up. Also I learned alot of fun facts about Boston that I didn't even know. Thanks to that tourist who came to my work one day who asked me about the 'Skinny House' location. At that time I didn't know what he was talking about so I was very curious and did the research. Go figure you can learn a little from a tourist...heehee. I hope others would check out the website and find it helpful.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discovered a interesting Boston website

I asked my mother about that "skinny house" and she said it was on "Chronicle" one night about it a few weeks ago! She also said she remembered hearing about that house in the North End when we lived in Charlestown.