We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sushi / Sashimi in Boston

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New England
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Topic
Sushi / Sashimi in Boston

Anyone have any favorites?? I have been to Ma Soba near Beacon Hill and Shino Express on Newbury street... both were excellent.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sushi / Sashimi in Boston

I like Jae's (several locations in Boston/Brookline), which has other asian food as well.

There is also a sushi place between Central and Harvard Squares on Mass Ave in Cambridge (I forget the name) which has great Sunday specials. It's near where the old Orson Welles used to be (for those with long memories and teeth)

I ♥ Boston
Level Contributor
238 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sushi / Sashimi in Boston

There's is 3 places that I go to eat for sushi which in my opinion is fantastic! Although I have tried Ma Soba sushi, I find it to be ordinary as far as sushi being just sushi. Here are my all time favorite Boston sushi.

1)

Zen Japanese Grill & Sushi Bar

21A Beacon St

Boston, MA 02108

(617) 371-1230

Cross Street: Bowdoin Street

Location next to Scollay Square on the top of Beacon Hill. It's been open about a little over a year old, this place is serves amazing range of sushi and Japanese entrees, the service is very polite and friendly, and the menu prices are just right. I think it's a hidden Gem! And my BF and I think it's the best and we go 5 times a month...no kidding!

2)

Osushi

10 Huntington Ave (Copley Westin)

Boston, MA 02116-5707

(617) 266-2788

Cross Street: Dartmouth Street

The menu is amazing as far as uniqueness. I remembered a sushi item on the menu that has black seasame seeds around the maki roll. Oh yum! I wish I knew the name of that sushi. This place is a 9.5 being the best.

3)

Ginza

16 Hudson St

Boston, MA 02111

(617) 338-2261

Cross Street: Kneeland St

Still one of my favorite places to go and plenty menu options and sushi choices. Located in Chinatown, this place doesn't seem to ever close. What other place on a Saturday night can you find a sushi restaurant that is still open til wee hours of the morning like 3am or 4am.

Boston
Level Contributor
151 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sushi / Sashimi in Boston

gotta recommend Osushi again, it's awesome

New England
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sushi / Sashimi in Boston

Ginza... is that a strictly Japanese restauarant?

Something about getting sushi at a chinese food place scares me.

And Osushi.. that is the restaurant of the Copley Westin??

Thanks!

I ♥ Boston
Level Contributor
238 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sushi / Sashimi in Boston

I not sure if Ginza is authenticaly Japanese but my guess is probabley not. Oshusi is located in Westin Copley area. But I do know that Zen is authentically Japanese food and sushi grade. My opinion would be to go to ZEN.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
394 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sushi / Sashimi in Boston

Ginza is an extremely reputable place to get sushi, I wouldn't be reluctant to try it. It's consistently rated one of the best Japanese restaurants in Boston. There's also a very popular location in Brookline on Beacon just outside of Kenmore.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sushi / Sashimi in Boston

Fugyaku in Brookline is to DIE for. Right at Coolidge Corner on Beacon Street. It's not cheap, but SO worth it.

I ♥ Boston
Level Contributor
238 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sushi / Sashimi in Boston

hhhhmmmm nevered tried the Fugyaku restaurant. There's always room to try new things. all this posting about Sushi makes me want some.... that's it, I going to Zen for dinner tonight.

New England
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sushi / Sashimi in Boston

Im definitely going to hit up Zen. It'll give me an excuse to hit up Beacon Hill.

And as for Fugakyu, I keep hearing its awsome. That'll give me an excuse to hit up Brookline!!!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sushi / Sashimi in Boston

Fugayaku is Incredible. i love the sliding screens and the ambiance. The place looks fantastic is perfect for a private party.