We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston parking

Alfredo V. Bonfil...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
13 helpful votes
Boston parking

We're making a trip from New York to Maine this summer with a rental car, and that includes spending three nights in Boston, where we're practically dropping the car until we move north. We booked a hotel in Beacon Hill because we want to experience the city, but we're aware that parking in Boston is extremely expensive, so we'd like to know if there's a place in the suburbs where we can leave the car at a lower expense and use public transportation to get to the city, where we would be mostly walking.

T

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,592 posts
62 reviews
26 helpful votes
1. Re: Boston parking

If you are coming on a weekend, parking is not outrageous in the Boston Common garage. http://www.massconvention.com/bcg_rat.html.

If you are visiting during the week, a few possible places to park are at Alewife Station, which is one end of the MBTA's Red Line or Wellington Station, which is on the orange line or at Station Landing.

http://www.mbta.com/riding_the_t/parking/

stationlanding.com/StationLandingParkingRate…

Alfredo V. Bonfil...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
13 helpful votes
2. Re: Boston parking

I appreciate your response. Thank you for helping people make their visit to Boston an unforgettable experience

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,592 posts
62 reviews
26 helpful votes
3. Re: Boston parking

We all, the volunteers here on the forum, welcome you!!!!

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask. And, if you have time after your visit, we sure would love you to share your impressions.

Morehead City...
Level Contributor
35 posts
88 reviews
44 helpful votes
4. Re: Boston parking

I would like to tag onto this question since it is my area of interest also.

I've got an apt rental in the North End (Bennet St) at the end of June.

I'd appreciate any advice on parking in that area as we are traveling in by car.

I have a Sienna van ( so no compact only places), and hope to be able to drop my bags off then park the van for the duration of our 3 day visit, so need 24 hr places, preferable somewhere within a reasonable walking distance of our lodgings, although willing to go out toward Boston Commons if the prices nearby are too high.

Thanks!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
18,469 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Boston parking

It's important to know the days of the week that you will be here, as weekday rates and options are very different from weekend ones.

6. Re: Boston parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 05, 2012