We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking around North End

Glenolden, Pa.
Level Contributor
230 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
Parking around North End

We are thinking of vacationing in New Hampshire/Maine this summer and I thought it presented a wonderful excuse to stop at Regina's Pizza on the way home to Pa. Is there any decent parking options in the area that would not cost an absolute fortune? Oh, how we miss that pizza....

Best Seller
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
665 Reviews
from $94.50*
Best Seller
Boston Whale Watching Cruise on a...
563 Reviews
from $55.65*
Best Seller
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,091 Reviews
from $41.95*
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,716 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking around North End

Only if ylou come on the weekend. Then many garages have lower prices. Otherwise, plan on that absolute fortune.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,697 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking around North End

What Alanm said...

Weekends, you can find reasonable parking at a number of garages not far from there. The closest ones are the Haymarket garage, or the Government Center Garage. It looks like the Government Center Garage has a flat $10 rate for Sundays.

You can check parking and rates and get coupons and guaranteed parking rates by going to this site:

http://boston.bestparking.com/index.php

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,254 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking around North End

During the week they are pretty strict about meters and lately I've been able to find meters mid-day .... but you are limited to 2 hours. Going back and adding extra money to the meter doesn't count. They record license plates and if you are there two hours later --- TICKET!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking around North End

If you'll be here on a weekend then the parking meters won't be in effect. There's usually spots to be found right on North Washington St near Thatcher St. It's just a quick walk up Thatcher to Regina's from there. There's also a pay lot right across the street (N. Washington & Valenti Way) that would work if you can't find on street parking. This area is also convienent for getting back on the Interstate for the rest of the trip home.

Whatever you do, don't bother driving down Thatcher, as it's all resident only parking in that area.

Edited: 6:51 pm, February 02, 2011
Glenolden, Pa.
Level Contributor
230 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking around North End

Thank you everyone for all of the great advise, it seems like we'll be in luck since it would be on a Saturday that we would be returning. Can't wait for that pizza again!!!

Glenolden, Pa.
Level Contributor
230 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking around North End

Thank you everyone for all of the great advice, it seems like we'll be in luck since it would be on a Saturday that we would be returning. Can't wait for that pizza again!!!

Edited: 7:41 pm, February 02, 2011
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,716 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking around North End

Then, as noted earlier, you can park at the Government Center Garage or Center Plaza IF there are no Garden events on that day. Both are $10 a day. Otherwise, try the International Place garage, which is $9 a weekend day.

Edited: 8:02 pm, February 02, 2011
Boston...
Level Contributor
8,099 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking around North End

Just to clarify one thing (and prevent you from getting a ticket), meters are in effect on Saturdays. They are not in effect on Sundays, but that's not relevant to you. Look for a meter--you may be lucky and lunch won't be longer than two hours. Meters are now $2.50 for two hours. Otherwise the boston best parking site is your best bet.

Enjoy!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking around North End

Ahhh, yes, I'm not sure why I said weekend when I meant to say Sundays.

TIA, if you plan to hit Regina's in the afternoon then you'll more then likely be back to your car in the allotted 2 hours...just depends on how long you savor each bite, lol.

This, of course, if you decide to do on street parking.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking around North End

you may get lucky and find a meter on North Washington. There are a few streets off this in the direction of the garden which have meters.....I think Medford Street is one.