We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sam Adams Brewery

Ontairo, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Sam Adams Brewery

OK. I gotta know should I do the Sam Adams Tour? I am a beer enthusiast and have visited many brewerys in the US and Canada. Is Sam Adams going to be a good time?

I'm in town on Thursday for a Bruins game, Celtics game and a gig at AXIS.

I need somewhere to get a GOOD coffee (not DD) and maybe a light breakfast too. I'm staying at the Onyx near the TD banknorth Garden.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

Hi GTruss,

YES go see Sam Adams I have heard it's WELL worth it. How could you not!

I wish you were in Boston on a Sunday because they have an unbelievable place for Sunday Brunch called the Living Room at 101 Atlantic Ave! It's a short walk from the "Garden"!!!! 617 723-5101

www.thelivingroomboston.com

You could still check it out during the week though! The North End is where you'd be heading toward! You could always check out Cafe Graffiti at 307 Hanover St., they're open early mornings for breakfast 617 367-3016, it's my favorite place for coffee in the North End, that's where we head to after dinner over there! We used to really like the Cafe Vittoria at 294 Hanover St., but it's not open that early, I don't think and besides it's getting way too crowded with the young uns and I mean CROWDED, some times the line is out the door and it never used to be that bad.

Another good place if you were here on a Sunday would be the restaurant called Scollay Square at 21 Beacon St. They have a wonderful looking Brunch, so check it out some day when you're in the neighborhood!

If you didn't want to walk up to the North End from the TD North Garden you could always walk in through Canal St. which is located right across the street from the "Gardens" and the surrounding streets in that vicinity and you'll find some places open for breakfast I'm sure, if you didn't want to go that far off the beaten path.

Good luck and have a great time!

Ontairo, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

I'm in town until Sunday afternoon, so I will check out your recommendations. Thanks!

somerset, NJ
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

I also think that Harpoon does a Brewery Tour, too. And while you're staying right near the "Garden", you can check out the Canal St. Boston Beer Works for some good food and tasty microbrews.

I'm going to be staying at the Onyx on New Year's Eve, so I'd like to know how you make out there. I've read mixed reviews here.

Rehoboth Beach, DE
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

Hey travel4beer, are you going to the Extreme Beer Festival in Boston in February. It's a great festival with many great big beers!

somerset, NJ
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sam Adams Brewery

Hey Jobu,

As much as I want to go to EBF, I probably will miss it. That's my anniversary weekend (not that's there's anything wrong with a beer fest to celebrate!) and we're looking into a different trip for then.

Have fun!