We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italian Restaurant North End

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Italian Restaurant North End

Any recommendations on an upscale restaurant with great food in this area ?

Level Contributor
114 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italian Restaurant North End

We recently dined at Davide's and it was terrific. Check out the posting I did on TripAdvisor for more information on our experience there.

Level Contributor
623 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Italian Restaurant North End

We recently dined at Bella Vista, excellent decor,attentive service and great food. All pastas made on premises, I had manicotti Bolognese, prima, delicioso!!!

I'm not sure what you mean by upscale, I usually go for the food, you can't eat the atmosphere. This place had cloth napkins, if that means anything.

Almost any of the restaurants in the NE put out a quality product. We came on this one because one that was recommended had an hour wait, we weren't at all disappointed.

Boston,MA
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Italian Restaurant North End

Listere in the north end. Very good meal, great staff, and relaxed enviorment.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
394 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Italian Restaurant North End

I really enjoyed Bricco my one time there. Complimentary Limoncello after every meal!

http://www.bricco.com/

Boston
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Italian Restaurant North End

My wife and I went there on 27 Aug 05 for lunch. The service was terrible and rude. We asked for recommendations from the waitress and she said everything was good and then she just ignored us and serve the other tables. Her attitude put us right off her, we ordered a meat ball and sausage pasta. The meat ball angel hair came eventually without meat ball and I raised this issue to the waitress. She did not say anything and then turn around to the kitchen direction. After 5 minutes, she came back with two meat ball and put it on our table without saying anything. The pasta was dry with only two spoons of sauce on top of it. We really can not finish the pasta like that and we asked for the bill. She did not ask what happen to us and why we left most of the pasta unfinished and gave us the bill. We did not pay a single cent of gratuity for this kind of service. It was the most terrible lunch I ever had in my life and would not go back again for the rest of my life. This restaurant is overpriced/overrated, the food is no quality at all and the service is the worst in Boston. I would say the sausage and meat ball pasta (Pagliuca cost around 13 dollars each) from Stop and Shop are much better/cheaper than this restaurant. I recommend you to go to this restaurant if you want to make your partner angry and ruin your weekend!

Level Contributor
623 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Italian Restaurant North End

helene - where is 'there'? to which restaurant are you referring? Let us know, PLEASE.....................!!

Boston
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Italian Restaurant North End

The name of this terrible Italian restaurant is

Pagliuca's

14 Parmenter Street, North end

Boston, MA 02113

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,943 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Italian Restaurant North End

I had a wonderful meal at Sage, on Prince St. about two weeks ago. If you go, make sure to try the spring pea risotto. It was outstanding. It's a very tiny place (as are most North End restaurants), but they do accept reservations, and you pretty much need one if you want to go there.

Hopewell Junction...
Level Contributor
70 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Italian Restaurant North End

Oh how I miss Boston!

Not sure how upscale you are needing.

I haven't been there in a long while but there was a great place called La Summa it's on 30 Fleet st.

A small place, brick building, great food and wonderfull atmosphere. Pricing was excellent.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Italian Restaurant North End

Thanks decided on Davide my sons name as well . Got the highest rating of all those mentioned #51 out of over 1087 restaurants in Boston . Thanks we are looking forward to going on Saturday . Will post a review of our trip upon our returna week Friday .