We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston Area - Hotel with suites and an indoor pool

Boston
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Boston Area - Hotel with suites and an indoor pool

Hi All!

I'm local to the Boston area and my husband and I would like to take our kids to a nearby hotel that has a two room option and an indoor pool. Our kids are too young for skiing - so this is our version of a getaway! Any suggestions? It doesn't have to be in Boston proper and I'd be happy to look at Rhode Island as well.

Thanks!

Boston
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston Area - Hotel with suites and an indoor pool

Hi,

You might try...

…hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/services.jsp

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,289 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston Area - Hotel with suites and an indoor pool

Try the Sheraton Danvers ... there's a pool and separate from there (but part of the hotel) there's an indoor water park with an area appropriate for little ones.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,289 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston Area - Hotel with suites and an indoor pool

oops --- forgot to paste the link.

starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/…

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston Area - Hotel with suites and an indoor pool

How about the new Coco Key Water Resort that's advertising special opening rates?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,289 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston Area - Hotel with suites and an indoor pool

CoCo key is the Sheraton in Danvers. What do you mean "opening rates"? They've been open for over a year ... did they close again? They were forced to in Feb/March due to over-chlorinization issues but I thought that all had been fixed.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,289 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boston Area - Hotel with suites and an indoor pool

OOOPs ... sorry tcan ... looks like they just opened one in Fitchburg MA.

cocokeywaterresort.com/Locations/…

Boston
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boston Area - Hotel with suites and an indoor pool

Thanks for your suggestions so far! I took a look at the reviews for the Sheraton in Danvers...did you guys read that? People actually got sick from that place! It seemed perfect, but the reviews make me a little wary. Maybe we should just head to Providence or Mystic?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,104 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boston Area - Hotel with suites and an indoor pool

The Doubletree Suites in Boston/Cambridge has an indoor pool, and their Waltham property (right off Rt.128) does, too.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,289 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boston Area - Hotel with suites and an indoor pool

Allie -- like I said the place in Danvers had over-chlorinization issues last Feb. I do believe it's been fixed and have heard of no issues since. People were getting rashes. I don't know what you meant by 'sick' cuz I didn't read the reviews.

I went on March 17 --- it was a long-planned town-wide scouting event. It's a good day to plan such events because March 17 is a holiday in Suffolk county and schools are closed, but all the surrounding towns have school.

We had no problems ... I even went in the water. My daughter went to a b-day party there in June and all was fine.

I'm not pushing the place. I had fun, but I HATE to be there on a crowded day ... I just wanted to share my experiences.

10. Re: Boston Area - Hotel with suites and an indoor pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:01 pm, December 23, 2008