We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire (again)

UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car hire (again)

I'm staying in Boston for 2 days in October and as everyone says how bad the driving/parking is wouldn't it be better to hire the car from the hotel (is that possible?), or head back to Logan(?) to hire after 2 days in town? Or even take the T to a suburb (I'm heading to the White Mountains after the 2 days)?

Best Seller
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
662 Reviews
from $94.50*
Best Seller
Boston Whale Watching Cruise on a...
560 Reviews
from $55.65*
Best Seller
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,088 Reviews
from $41.95*
Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire (again)

The airport is easy to access via the subway "Blue" line from downtown.

Alternatively, there are car rental agencies downtown, including at the Park Plaza hotel and at the Prudential Center. I'm sure there are others easily found, too.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,704 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire (again)

Even if not at the hotel, most car rental agencies have office Downtown as well as the Airport. Just make sure you get prices for both, as one may be cheaper.

england
Destination Expert
for Montenegro
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire (again)

I did a similar thing a couple of years ago and picked up the hire car in Cambridge somewhere - the office was near a T station so it was easy to get to from our hotel and offered an easy-ish escape route, especially heading north. Obviously it will also be easier for you if you pick up 10-ish after the worst of the early morning traffic has dissolved

4. Re: Car hire (again)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, October 06, 2009