We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Boston with 3 kids - stay in city or out and take...

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to Boston with 3 kids - stay in city or out and take...

We are planning to visit Boston in August over a weekend with our family- 5 with 3 teenage kids. In the past we have always stayed outside the city and taken the subway in. I think last time it was at the Holiday Inn in Newton (subway right next door).

Any recommendations on staying in or out?

We have avoided driving in the city in the past for obvious reasons.

What about hotels that are kid friendly in the city with reasonable parking rates?

Alternative hotels that have close subway access outside?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Boston with 3 kids - stay in city or out and take...

Holiday Inn in Brookline is in a safe, kid-friendly area--located right in front of the St. Paul C-line stop 10 min outside of downtown Boston. It has a parking lot just for Holiday Inn customers and is a little cheaper because it's in Brookline technically not Boston (even though boston is only 4 short stops away) Here is a link for it:

www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/bklma

I was actually just telling someone in this forum about it because they also have a package where they give you a free go boston card http://www.gobostoncard.com. Go to the site to get more details but it can save you money on Boston things to do/see.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Boston with 3 kids - stay in city or out and take...

It's been YEARS since I stayed here, but at the time, this small motel, VERY conveniently located near the Pru, Copley and Symphony Hall & Museum of Fine Arts was not only kid friendly, but allowed pets and had free parking.

I found this website with some reviews...

…cbs5.com/Hotel_Review-g60745-d94350-Reviews…

Of course, the 1200 Beacon St. is still a great choice.

new york, ny
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Boston with 3 kids - stay in city or out and take...

stay in city. so much easier. holiday inn select govt center