We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking for one day

connecticut
2 posts
Save Topic
parking for one day

Please tell me where I can park my car and leave it to go to the Mus. of Science, Fanueil Hall, and the area around the Hall. Is there a place I can park the car, and take the T around the city-instead of driving to all the different spots and paying for expensive parking at each one.

I have been to Boston before, I only live an hour away, but I do this parking routine and I know I am not being smart about it. Any help will be appreciated! Going this Friday..

Kim

boston
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: parking for one day

Your best bet is to park at the Fleet (now called TD Bank North Garden) center garage. There is a T stop there and close to all you mentioned. In fact you can walk to them from that area. Any chance you can Amtrak or bus it in?? Train would be ideal, because traffic can be horrible and the big dig will never end. I'm guessing the amount to park your car would be $20 to $30 dollars for the day.

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: parking for one day

There's also a garage by the Museum of Science, which in turn is right at a bus stop for the shuttle that's now (still) running in place of the Green Line on that part of the route. My uneducated hunch is that the garage there would be cheaper than one at the Garden or elsewhere downtown. The Green Line replacement buses run beyond North Station to service Haymarket, and then continue to Government Center between City Hall and Quincy Market. One-way fare is $1.25. In the vicinity of the Museum of Science there's also a big garage at the Cambridgeside Galleria mall.

You might want to use one of those parking facilities, then take the bus all the way to the end of the line on Congress St (the Government Center stop) and make your way back on foot. That way you could visit Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall, as well as other places downtown, then detour through the North End if you like. The Garden is just west of the North End, and the Museum of Science isn't a great distance from there - a thought if the weather stays mild and sunny this Friday.

I should also mention that the Cambridgeside Galleria offers a free shuttle bus service between there and the Kendall stop on the Red Line. It operates between 10 and 6 every day.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
182 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: parking for one day

If you do decide to park around Fanueil Hall (the previously mentioned garage on Congress Street is probably your best bet), you may want to try to get there early. Many of the garages in the area give you discounts if you are in before 7am or 9am. The one on Congress street would be my pick because it's right by I-93, across the street from the green line T that takes you to the museum of science, and a block from Fanueil Hall. The pricing on parking is also pretty good at around $15 if you get there before 9:00. It may sound like a lot, but many of the garages in the office buildings near by are $30 a day.