We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheers Bar

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Cheers Bar

Hi

Can anyone tell me if you can visit the Cheers bar? Well what was actually used as the outside with the steps. Does it actually exist?

Thanks

Barbie

Salem, MA
Level Contributor
196 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheers Bar

yep it does. it is actually in a restaurant called the hampshire house; but i think they have a cheers sign out front too.

boston
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheers Bar

you can def. visit the Cheers Bar. They even have a gift shop and from the outside it looks just the same as it does on t.v. Have a good meal and a drink..lots of atomosphere and "Cheers" decor on the walls.

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheers Bar

Thanks. I think me and my camera may need to take a visit.

Can anyone tell me the address?

Thanks

Barbie

boston
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheers Bar

don't know the exact address, but it is on Beacon Street right across from the Boston Commons and Public Gardens. If traveling by "T" (subway) get off at Park St. on the Green Line. From there, any local on the street (or the subway attendant) will show you what direction to head in. Just an FYI, I remember their personalized mixed drinks were great..ALL of them!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
78 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheers Bar

It's at 84 Beacon Street, across from the Public Garden (not the Boston Common) and closer to the Arlington St. side than the Charles St. side. Arlington St. T stop leaves you a pleasant walk through the Public Garden to reach the restaurant.

There are many types of souvenirs to be had there, but you can also eat and drink there too. Thanks to the TV show's popularity it is usually pretty crowded.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheers Bar

Don't be disappointed if you go inside and find that the similarity with the TV set ends at the door. Inside, you'd never recognize it... either at the bar, or upstairs in the restaurant.

Also, make sure if you ask directions, you get them to the place on Beacon St... there is also a "chain" that has opened here that calls itself "Cheers", and uses a logo/sign that approximates the TV title. There are even some of these ripoffs in the airport... they resemble a TGI Fridays-type of place, and serve mediocre "pub" fare.

Queensbury, NY
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheers Bar

Check out cheers.boston.com for all information. The original (used to be called the Bull And Finch) is in Beacon Hill. There is also a Cheers owned by the same compny thatt is in Quincy Market. This one looks like the Cheers you know(at least the bar area) on the inside.