We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there good salad bars in Boston?

southern Germany
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Are there good salad bars in Boston?

Hi,

as a vegetarian/non-vegetarian couple we found out,

that restaurants/delis etc. with salad bars are

good options for us. Are there any in Boston?

Thanks for talking your time to help.

Greetings, Q.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there good salad bars in Boston?

The one that comes to mind is the Souper Salad restaurants. They're all over Boston too. You will definitely have some good options at them. For their various locations and directions, here's their site:

www.soupersaladboston.com

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,162 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there good salad bars in Boston?

Hi,

There's a catering restaurant called Sebastian's, which has two locations downtown, one on Devonshire St. and one on Summer St. They have a fresh to order salad bar that's fantastic. They put the salad together for you, but you pick what you want. You end up with a huge fresh salad for $6.75. Everyone in my office is there at least twice a week for the salad. For the non-veggie they also have excellent sandwiches, and hot entrees as well.

www.sebastians.com/Cafes/Cafes/…

Another excellent option downtown is Sultan's Kitchen, which is a great Turkish cafe, which is on Broad St. downtown near Quincy Market. They have great veggie dishes like artichoke fritters, green bean stew, fresh bean salads, eggplant, etc. They also have killer kebabs and specials for the meat eater.

Finally, the food court at Quincy Market itself would be a good option for you both. They have plenty of choices, and there's an Indian place, a Greek Place, Regina's pizza, all of which can be veggie. There's also places to get salads, and of course, plenty of choices for the meat eater. Also at Quincy Market is a branch of Wagamama, the British noodle/soup restaurant chain. I believe they have veggie items on their menu as well.

Oh...and in the Back Bay, there's a macrobiotic cafe called "The Other Side Cafe", which is on Newbury St, near the corner of Mass Ave (on the same side as the entrance to the Mass Pike). It is a great little place, with plenty of good food for both of you to choose from.

One other option, one of my favorite places, is Cafe Jaffa on Gloucester St. in the Back Bay. It's an Israeli restaurant, and the veggie person can get a great veggie platter with hoummous, tabboleh, grape leaves, baba ghanoush, etc. They also have excellent falafel and for the meat eater, very tasty lamb and chicken schwarma.

Hope that helps.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there good salad bars in Boston?

"Fire + Ice"

"Fire +Ice" will accommodates both the vegetarian and the non-vegetarian .

Vegetarians have their own side of the grill -, just mention that you are a vegetarian and they will lead you to the right side of the grill.

Fire+Ice is a fun place to go.( see the below link). I like the Harvard Square location best, but they also have a location in the Copley Area.

Here is the link:

www.fire-ice.com/experience/experience.html

southern Germany
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there good salad bars in Boston?

Thanks os much to everybody! You make my mouth watering...

Yes, that are places I would love to visit.

So no need to stay hungry in Boston!

Greetings, Q.

5. Re: Are there good salad bars in Boston?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:23 am, September 19, 2009