We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sheraton hotel any one stayed there

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
114 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
sheraton hotel any one stayed there

hi there ive just booked the sheraton hotel boston for 4 nights on 15th september has anybody stayed there / how is it for access to the bostons must do and see things for 2 visitors who wish to cram in loads into this short time

thanx for your tips and advice in advance

Danvers...
Level Contributor
901 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sheraton hotel any one stayed there

The Sheraton is in a great location within walking distance to shopping and attractions and a short subway ride to all else.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sheraton hotel any one stayed there

"Ditto"

PS - You're coming at an interesting time... just a few days after all the students come into town, but long enough after that the've all become "experts" at local navigation. Based on conversations I've heard on the street between these "transplants", make sure if you ask directions, you get them from someone who has been here for awhile. I once heard a new student explaining to someone that the State House was on Bunker Hill, and that "Southie" meant the South End.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
87 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sheraton hotel any one stayed there

That's funny. Also beware that street signs are somewhat of a luxury around parts of Boston and that many Bostonians don't have cars, so it's not unlikely they may not be able to point you in the direction of the street you want. I recommend getting one of the nice laminated map with both street names and landmarks.

However, if you're trying to cram loads into a short time, opt for the trolley tour. You'll get a guided tour of all major sites with historical background and be able to hop on and off to see anything you like. They tend to run pretty often and some even offer free aquarium or harbor cruise tickets when you ride. I had family take it two weekends ago and they thought it was the best way to see the city.

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sheraton hotel any one stayed there

In answer to the original question, I stayed at the Sheraton for several nights when I first moved to Boston lo these 25 years ago! It was a nice place then and, if anything, has gotten better. The first Sheraton in existence is now the Shelton dorm for BU (French doors between suite-style rooms, intact ballroom, the kids love it) and the chain's headquarters are downtown. So they treat their Back Bay "property" as a flagship of sorts: frequent makeovers, high-end restaurants, luxurious rooms, and so forth. If your room is on an upper floor in the North Tower, you'll be treated to spectacular views of the Back Bay, Charles River, Cambridge, and points beyond.

The Sheraton links directly to the Prudential Center mall, which in turn is connected to Copley Place. You'd never have to venture outdoors to shop or dine, but in Boston you'd better.

Boston's famous and fun Duck Tours depart from in front of the Prudential Center entrance along Boylston St, right around the corner from the hotel. You'll also be a short walk or T ride from all of the Back Bay, the art museums of Huntington Ave, the restaurants and shops of the South End, Fenway Park, the Boston Common and Public Garden, downtown...

North of UK
Level Contributor
128 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sheraton hotel any one stayed there

I have an overnight stay here in mid-July so will post a review in early August when we return. As it was an overnight only I booked it on Hotwire and was pleased with what came up. We are arriving on the train from New York and the location is good for the station.

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sheraton hotel any one stayed there

That it is. Here's the best way to reach the hotel:

Walk toward the back of the train once you've disembarked. If the weather's good, exit by the main stairs/escalators and cross the street to Copley Place. If not, use the tunnel under Dartmouth St which will lead you into the mall lobby. From there, ride the escalator to the second level and then walk around the fountain and continue past Tiffany's. After a short flight of stairs or escalator downwards, keep walking forward and onto the enclosed "sky bridge" across Huntington Ave. Once you're off the bridge, you'll be in the Prudential mall area and can follow the signs directly into the Sheraton :-)

scotland
Level Contributor
114 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sheraton hotel any one stayed there

thanx very very much to you all for all the great info

cheers from glasgow

Chicago
Level Contributor
690 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sheraton hotel any one stayed there

another ditto. Have stayed at the Sheraton many times. Love the location and convenience to T stations.