We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain for the next 8 days?

ny
Level Contributor
332 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Rain for the next 8 days?

How could they possibly be predicting that? The weather channel's weekend outlook has a sold 8 days of rain for the Boston area!

Please say it isn't so!

Boston...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain for the next 8 days?

Rain doesn't necessarily mean pouring rain. It could mean nothing more than a sort of mist. Also, the weather in the city itself tends to be a lot nicer than out in the suburbs. What this means is that although you should be prepared for real rain, if you are in the city itself, you should not be surprised if it is just cloudy and dark with maybe half an hour of watery sun at mid-day. Watch out for cold temperatures, too. Sorry. It's been a bad May even by our standards.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain for the next 8 days?

They are predicting rain until next Wednesday as of right now, but as written above a lot of that will probably be just a few spits. Tomorrow is supposed to be the worst. It is hard to say what this weekend will hold. Some are saying it is going to clear up while others think more rain. We'll just have keep checking in!

Woburn, MA
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain for the next 8 days?

As the old sayng in New England goes "If you don't like the weather in New England, wait a minute!!"

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain for the next 8 days?

michmouse, have no fear. boston meteorologists are 2% sunshine and 98% incorrect most of the time. (I speak of that friendly boston demeanor ;)

anyway, you can always dry off in one of the 100s of pubs.

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain for the next 8 days?

I don't rely on "extended weather forecasts" of much more than a few hours, LOL! We live in the kind of place where the climatic conditions in the morning are no indication of what might lie in store by evening. The reports online and on TV are so often off the mark that I don't pay attention to them any more. My best indicator is a cat with a touch of arthritis. If she shows no interest in going outside in the morning, even if the sun's streaming into the house I grab an umbrella :-)

Along with the line about waiting a minute, there's "What do you call the day following two days of rain? Monday!"

If you're a Yankees fan with tickets to a game here, good luck with finding sympathy!!! Otherwise, there are so many museums and other places to enjoy indoors that the weather shouldn't put a "damper" on much of your plans.

Middlesex County, MA
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain for the next 8 days?

Heheheh, Spens. I had to laugh, because I **also** use my cats to predict the weather. Whenever the barometer pressure drops, my cats get grumpy. When a thunderstorm is on the way, ithe static electricity in the air must really tickle their ears or something, because they will suddenly start galloping around the house, taking swipes at one another - we have hardwood floors, so they make a lot of noise. We call them "thunder-cats", and also grab our umbrellas before we leave the house.

All of the broadcasts I have heard or read for the last two days have said we are in for a lot of rain, and thus far that has been correct. I'd be skeptical of it lasting 8 days though.

ny
Level Contributor
332 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain for the next 8 days?

It looks like the weather forecast has finally brightened up for the weekend!

I was so happy to see sunshine predicted! I must stop watching those extended forecasts....They are never right!

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain for the next 8 days?

It's looking great outside today!!! The birds have been singing non-stop all morning and the sun's shining bright. Too bad I'm not writing this on a laptop.