We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pricelined 4 Star Marriot for 81.00

ny
Level Contributor
339 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Pricelined 4 Star Marriot for 81.00

This is a really good deal! The hotel has rates of over $200.000 a night for the nights we are visiting.

Thank you for the advice I received on this forum! We got an amazing deal!

If anyone has any questions on how I got the rate, I'd be happy to help anybody else get a rate like this!

Best Seller
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
664 Reviews
from $94.50*
Best Seller
Boston Whale Watching Cruise on a...
563 Reviews
from $55.65*
Best Seller
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,090 Reviews
from $41.95*
Arkansas
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Pricelined 4 Star Marriot for 81.00

I am extremely interested in how you bid to get your rate.

ny
Level Contributor
339 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pricelined 4 Star Marriot for 81.00

It is pretty simple.

1.Go to www.priceline.com.

2. Type in the area you wish to visit - Boston

3. Pick a star quality (One - Four Star property rating)

4. Pick a geographical area (Downtown, Copley, Cambridge)

5. Name your price.

Never base a bid on the suggested price that priceline gives you. They suggested a bid of $ 252.00 for a four star hotel bid.

My first bid was rejected, and I had to wait 72 hours to bid again. If you want to bid immediately again, there is a trick to this that I learned from biddingfortravel.com.

My next bid was $81.00, and it was accepted. Unbelievable. People will be paying more than double for the same exact location, on the same night.

When using priceline, be aware that your credit card is charged immediately, and there are no refunds. You also will not know which property you "won" until after your bid is accepted. You will however, have a reservation at the star quality rating and area you picked.

Priceline is great!!!!

Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
137 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pricelined 4 Star Marriot for 81.00

We got the Marriott Copley Place on Priceline for July 1-5 for $80 a night. Definitely worth trying the bidding - prices for hotels are rather outrageous, as they are everywhere.

ny
Level Contributor
339 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pricelined 4 Star Marriot for 81.00

Priceline is great! My husband is scared now because he is afraid I am going to become obsessed with bidding, since I love to travel!

I wish I would have done this for my trip to Vegas last month, where we paid $250. a night for Caesar's Palace.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
564 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pricelined 4 Star Marriot for 81.00

Thank you so much for the tip. I just went and booked for 1 nite on Priceline for $85 at the same hotel. Great deal!!

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
137 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pricelined 4 Star Marriot for 81.00

So glad to see you got a good deal, Crystal! Enjoy the trip.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,542 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pricelined 4 Star Marriot for 81.00

I always need a room with two beds. The bidding sites don't seem to let you specify this. Do any of you know how to handle this situation?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
564 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pricelined 4 Star Marriot for 81.00

Hi Spirit,

I think the only way you can is once you have the reservation is to call the hotel, and request it. Although, I don't think it's guaranteed. The best place to look for your answer is on:

www.biddingfortravel.com

This website lists the hotels that people have won on priceline, and many times people note problems/solutions to their specific needs, like the 2 bed dilemna.

good luck!

c.s.

Encinitas, CA
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pricelined 4 Star Marriot for 81.00

We are starting to check into downtown Boston hotels for our trip in early October (staying 5th and 6th). Got turned down for $75 at a 3* or 4* today. How far in advance did you get your price of $81 (plus taxes etc, I'm presuming). We didn't want to choose another location, so didn't go for that option where they want you to choose at least 2 areas. Any tips? Thanks so much. BTW - I've booked hotels through Priceline before and only ever had one "dog" and that was in Victoria, BC.

Walnut Creek, CA
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Pricelined 4 Star Marriot for 81.00

A word of caution. I have rented cars with Priceline and once your offer is accepted, the reservation CANNOT be changed. I assume the same is true for hotel reservations.

Be sure of your dates before bidding on a room.