We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A good hotel for a couple of Aussies in Boston

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A good hotel for a couple of Aussies in Boston

My mate & me will be in Boston in late July. Is the Club Quarters in Downtown a good hotel? The location looks good! We really just need a place to sleep because we wont be spending much time in the Hotel.

Boston
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: A good hotel for a couple of Aussies in Boston

A good friend of mine is an Aussie! Satyed with us here in Boston for 3 months while traveling the World...Anyway, The club Quarters is not a 4 star hotel but it is not the worst hotel in town neither, I am sure you will have no problems there.

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A good hotel for a couple of Aussies in Boston

If you can find the time, visit one of the suburban Outback Steakhouses. They're a national chain of restaurants with Australian pretensions - you might get a good laugh!

Adelaide Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: A good hotel for a couple of Aussies in Boston

OK - See how we go for time? We're gonna do some Irish bars, Cheers bar (I know it doesn't look like the show) & see a Redsox game. There's a game on while we're there!

North Shore...
Level Contributor
810 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A good hotel for a couple of Aussies in Boston

The Cheers bar in Quincy Market was modeled after the T. V. show bar set.

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A good hotel for a couple of Aussies in Boston

Glad you pointed that out! The bar which inspired the show, the Bull & Finch on Beacon St opposite the Public Garden, is now mostly a memorabilia shop although that hasn't stopped the crowds.

Rockland, Maine
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A good hotel for a couple of Aussies in Boston

Being from Australia, shouldn't you be more concerned about what bars to go to?

Adelaide Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: A good hotel for a couple of Aussies in Boston

Absolutely! We are very concerned that we pick some good fun bars where we can meet lots of locals! Maybe some good college hang outs? If there were lots of hot ladies - that would be a bonus!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A good hotel for a couple of Aussies in Boston

If you want college girls (alert or passed out) you can find them down in Fanneuil Hall at night. Also along Boylston Street which has a strip of bars with patrons sporting the "glazed over" look.

( and this is coming from a boston girl!)

On Boylston- do the walk....

The Cactus Club

The Foggy Goggle (no I'm NOT kidding- that's the name)

Whiskey's

Vox

(I missed a couple, but you get the idea).

For last call, turn the corner onto Newbury and find the basement bar called Daisy Buchanons. This is where the last men standing crawl too when all else shuts down. there will be no one in there til about 12:30 1:00, but then it will fill up and be roudy.

Since boston is small, some bars have nights known to be good.

(ie- foggy goggle has "white trash wednesdays". poignant? no. packed with girls delivering shots? yes.)

Rockland, Maine
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A good hotel for a couple of Aussies in Boston

good recommendations from schmitty, but remember, you are coming in July and college girls might be a little less plentiful -- school is out!

Listen to me, I'm talking about girls like they are a commodity.

Hard to find Aussie beers in the pubs around here...but a few stores carry Coopers. Fosters is around, but that ain't true Aussie beer.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
394 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A good hotel for a couple of Aussies in Boston

Another place I really like is Gypsy Bar on Boylston Street near Chinatown. It's very close to an area called The Alley, which is a cluster of bars/clubs in a small space. The Liquor Store is there, which is fairly new and extremely popular (they have a mechanical bull). I'm not crazy about that one, but others seem to like it. Most of the places in The Alley have more of a rowdy, college atmosphere to them, but I think there may be a couple of more down-to-earth places in there as well, depending on your style.