We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for direction in Boston

1 post
Save Topic
Looking for direction in Boston

I will be there in Mid june for a conference, and good jazz places around the boston marriott area, also dancing , great food

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for direction in Boston

There are multiple Marriotts in Boston, as well as a Marriott and a Residence Inn in Cambridge. No matter which one you'll be staying at, you have to get to Wally's (427 Mass. Ave. in the South End) for jazz. Every night's a jam session; the place is a hole in the wall; you'll love it.

Two other good jazz clubs, more upscale, are both in Cambridge: Scullers (actually right across the river in Allston, within the Doubletree Suites) and Ryles, in Inman Square.

There is no lack of good restaurants here, regardless of what you're in the mood for eating on any given day. As for dance clubs, that depends heavily on what style of dancing you're talking about and what background music you like to be hearing.

boston
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for direction in Boston

I agree witht he above post re: jazz clubs..esp. Scullers. Also, if you mean the mariott at Copley, they have a great jazz bar (more like a piano bar but occassionally they have a bass player). Food...totally depends on what you're in the mood for. Italian... the North End, Seafood...Legal Seafood or Union Oyster House, a variety of Middle Eastern places and Indian places, Morroccan..I'm in love with Tangerino in Charlestown, easy to get to either by the subway or taxi. Not very good Mexican food, but I'm orginally from CA so I'm a tad biast. And same thing with dancing...depends on what you are into. Club dancing...plenty in Kenmore Square, bars with live bands all over the place and awesome Irish Bars in Fanueil Hall with live music. When you get into town, pick up a copy of Improper Bostionian or Stuff at Night magazine. They are all over the newsstands and streets. That will give you a good idea of what to do, where to go etc...