We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We LOVE to eat!!

Manchester
Level Contributor
444 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
We LOVE to eat!!

Please help! My husband and I are travelling to Boston from the UK for three nights and adore mexican, indian and want that "je ne sais quoi" for a special wedding anniversary/birthday dinner - ideally somewhere with knockout views.

Can you guys help? What is casa romero like for the mexican choice?

Are staying at Charlesmark Hotel so are very central.

Thanks

Anneen

Boston
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: We LOVE to eat!!

I suggest visiting citysearch.com, which is an excellent resource in choosing restaurants. There are diner reviews which can help you decide if a restaurant is appropriate for an anniversary dinner.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We LOVE to eat!!

Hi Anneen,

I've only been to Casa Romero once before, and I didn't particularly enjoy my meal...though everyone raves about it. Perhaps I hit it on an off night?

Since you're coming from the UK, I'm a bit reluctant to recommend any Indian places... All of the Brits I know here think that you can still get a better curry over there! However, if I had to offer a suggestion, I'd say either Kashmir (on Newbury Street) or Bhindi Bazaar (on Massachusetts Ave, at the end of Newbury). Both places seem authentic to me, though I'm no expert!

Not sure what kind of budget you have for your anniversary/bday dinner, but if you're looking for a great place with a nice view, try The Bristol Lounge at The Four Seasons, or Excelsior (on Boylston Street). If you ask for a table by the windows, you'll get a really lovely view of the Boston Common. I've been to both places several times, and have never had a bad meal. The Bristol is a bit cheaper than Excelsior, but still very luxe.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
747 posts
593 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We LOVE to eat!!

We really like a Persian restaurant called Lala Rokh. It has great food, good prices, and wonderful ambiance. It is located in the heart of Boston - Beacon Hill area.

Middlesex County, MA
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: We LOVE to eat!!

If you're looking in Back Bay, and wanting something a little different, I like Bomboa - Brazilian cuisine, Really good. They have a great bar, the service is excellent, they have a patio with seating for 40 . No view, but the drinks are marvelous, the decor is wild.

I've had the pan roasted duck, and the crispy skin salmon, my husband liked the pork with sweet potato puree.