We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family friendly (with a 13 month old)

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
313 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Family friendly (with a 13 month old)

We are planing a trip to Boston May 24th-29th of next year. My sun will be 13 months at the time. We are looking for where to stay. We want to catch a game at Fenway Park (bucket list for MLB stadiums, go whale watching and then see some historical sites. Advice welcome as to what sites are more young child friendly than others (ie. stroller friendly) We may also check out the children's museum.

As for the hotel itself, if it was by a park or small green space that would be great if the baby gets restless. Hopefully, not more than $250 per night.

Also open to any other activities that might peak the interest of a 13 month old.

5 replies to this topic
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,578 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family friendly (with a 13 month old)

I would forget the whale watch. It could be very cool out on the water and is not really suitable for a 13 month old.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,697 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Family friendly (with a 13 month old)

I agree. I was going to say that's the least child friendly thing you could do.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
7,136 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family friendly (with a 13 month old)

This is one of the most expensive times of year to visit as it is the heart of college graduation season. I’m not sure that you’ll find too many Central options with that budget. Rooms book up fast for May so you should not wait to start looking.

Right now, I see that the Hotel Buckminster is right on budget for you at Booking.com with a deluxe queen room. Crib allowed in room. This hotel is only a couple blocks from Fenway Park and the rate is fully cancelable until May, so if you could book it and then keep on looking.

Boston
Level Contributor
7,305 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family friendly (with a 13 month old)

Be sure to read reviews of the Buckminster. It's an old budget hotel. Make sure it meets your needs.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,209 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family friendly (with a 13 month old)

If you could come a week later (early June) you might be able to find what you want at a better price. For easy access to a park, I would stay near the Boston Common or Rose Kennedy Greenway or Christopher Columbus Park.

June is popular for conventions, but right now there are no big ones scheduled in the first half of the month.

Happy Planning!

Reply to: Family friendly (with a 13 month old)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted