We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston has a "new " sports team

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,246 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Boston has a "new " sports team

The Boston Blades. They are part of the Canadian Women's Hockey League (CWHL),

They have actually been around for a while. I think they used to play at an ice rink in Somerville. Now their home rink is the Larsen Rink at the Eruzione Center in Winthrop. It can be reached from downtown Boston via subway's blue line + the 712 bus, which stops right in front of the rink..

http://boston.thecwhl.com/

Best Seller
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
664 Reviews
from $94.50*
Best Seller
Boston Whale Watching Cruise on a...
563 Reviews
from $55.65*
Best Seller
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,090 Reviews
from $41.95*
6 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
4,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston has a "new " sports team

that's cool. BC and Harvard have excellent women hockey programs that are well worth seeing too.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,246 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston has a "new " sports team

I am just sort of disappointed that I never knew about this before ...

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston has a "new " sports team

I didn't either and my hockey radar is always on. They could probably stand to do some advertising. I assume games are really cheap so it would make great family entertainment especially for families with young girls who play hockey, and there are plenty of those around now.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,246 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston has a "new " sports team

They had their first home game Friday and the local hardware store in Winthrop had "Welcome Boston Blades" on their sign. That's how I heard of them. A web search revealed a Globe article from 3 or 4 years ago ...

I occasionally attend college games and am old enough to remember when the "Beanpot" was "just a local thing" (and yes, I know it still is ... but way more well-known and popular than it used to be) and you just walked up to the garden on game day and bought a ticket. I think at one point they weren't even reserved seats ... but I could be mistaken there.

One of my fondest memories is when I first got out of school and started working downtown and decided spur of the moment to attend the Beanpot with my father who also worked downtown.

I like hockey but I really do not enjoy watching it on TV.

Edited: 9:59 am, October 23, 2017
Boston...
Level Contributor
21,793 posts
689 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston has a "new " sports team

So we have two women's hockey teams now? Them *and* the Boston Pride?

Cool!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,246 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boston has a "new " sports team

Another one I missed! The 4-team NWHL. It is sort of exciting to see the start of these leagues ... I wish them all great success.

Reply to: Boston has a "new " sports team
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted