We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for the Freedom Trail

New York City
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
77 reviews
Parking for the Freedom Trail

Its been a while since Ive gone to the Freedom trail

I would be there on labor day when I assume parking rules would be different

Where would be the best place to park I guess near Bunker Hill or the Constitution , Walk the trail and somehow get back to Bunker Hill/Constitution (I dont know if this is possible via Subway or I would have to use Uber)

Is it better to drive to Bunker Hill/Constituion and then Park in Downtown boston somewhere and walk the trail from there?

Dedham...
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Parking for the Freedom Trail

On Labor Day the city observes Sunday parking rules, so all meters will be free, if you can find one.

You may have a better chance finding a meter near Boston Common/Back Bay area just because of the sheet number of meters. If you do this, you can start the Freedom trail at the visitors center near Park Street and end at Bunker Hill/Constitution.

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Parking for the Freedom Trail

If you were to park in Boston, I would go for the Boston Common Garage which is underground right at the start of the trail, prices should be okay. Or 40 Beach Street, price should be $13 on a holiday. Or the Post Office Square garage, which should be $9 on a holiday. Don't know about parking in Charlestown, but you might download the Best Parking Boston app -- that'll give you accurate info and prices for all the garages in town.

New York City
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
77 reviews
3. Re: Parking for the Freedom Trail

I looked on a "T" map and I dont think the T goes to Bunker Hill/Constitution

How do you get from there back to back Bay. Ive parked in Back bay before I think most areas were OK, but some places had signs mentioning it was for residents only

Boston
Level Contributor
7,403 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Parking for the Freedom Trail

You can walk to Community College station from Bunker Hill/Constitution area. From the Constitution area you can also walk over the bridge to North Station.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,588 posts
60 reviews
5. Re: Parking for the Freedom Trail

There's also loads of parking directly around the Bunker Hill monument that only turns to resident in the evening. We have friends down the street and I am able to find parking there without fail. It's a 20 minute (NYC-paced) walk from there across the bridge to North Station.

Boston...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Parking for the Freedom Trail

Good advice about Boston Common or Post Office Square garages - make sure you park UNDER the actual Post Office Square, if you go for that, not at the nearby One Post Office Square above-ground rip-off garage.

I would look for metered parking, the financial district around Post Office/Milk Street is a pretty good place and a short walk to Quincy Market.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,739 posts
67 reviews
7. Re: Parking for the Freedom Trail

On Saturday meters will be in effect and 2 hour limits are enforced. On that weekend college students will be back in town and some of their parents may be around too and looking to park.

If you are coming on Sunday or Monday, as already mentioned, no need to worry about the two hour limit.

Good luck.

8. Re: Parking for the Freedom Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 27, 2018