We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with kids close to Fenway Park

Beverley,England
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel with kids close to Fenway Park

I will be attending a Red Sox/Yankees game at Fenway park with my wife and kids (14 and 11) on June 1st. Can anybody recommend a hotel which we can return to safely after the game late at night? Is it easy to get a taxi after the games? I have a reservation already in Woburn, but I'm concerned about getting back there after the game.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with kids close to Fenway Park

Hi Gje123,

Depends on what you're price-range is. I assume you're getting two rooms? I just did a quick check for those dates. Jury's (the #1 rated hotel in Boston) is $235 a night per room. It's located in Back Bay. From Fenway, it's a healthy walk but certainly doable. Back Bay, even at 11pm is a very safe neighborhood. Getting cabs after a Sox game is challenging, and there can be a long wait for the T. Good luck.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with kids close to Fenway Park

The Hotel Commonwealth is the closest major hotel to Fenway Park and is only a few minutes walk. It certainly is safe to do that, as is walking in most of the Downtown Area. Getting a taxi would be very difficult, as the traffic is heavy, as you would expect, and you'd be competing with hundreds of others to get a taxi. Walking certainly is better.

I'm a little confused about your Woburn question. Sounded like you already have a hotel reservation there. How were planning to get there? Do you have a rental car? How does this fit with having a hotel in Boston?

Beverley,England
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with kids close to Fenway Park

Yes I have a rental car. I booked the hotel in Woburn before I got the tickets for the game. I thought I might have difficulty parking in the city, and I started to become concerned about getting back to Woburn late at night with kids. I thought it might be a better option to stay in the city. Even better if I could find a mid-range hotel within walking distance.

Boston
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with kids close to Fenway Park

The Midtown hotel is pretty close, relatively cheap, maybe a 20 minute walk. But is a safe walk. In the same vicinty as the Midtown you have the Hilton the Sheraton and the Colonade. The Buckminster hotel is closer to Fenway Park than Commonwealth Hotel. But I only been in there once. I had a friend who lived there about 5 years ago, It felt more like an old apartment building.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with kids close to Fenway Park

The Buckminster has had consistently bad reviews. You can view them on this site, if you wish.

Beverley,England
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with kids close to Fenway Park

Thanks to everyone who replied to this post. I cancelled my reservation in Woburn, and booked a room at the Midtown. Looking forward to a great vacation!

7. Re: Hotel with kids close to Fenway Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, August 25, 2009