We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asheville area wedding

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
31 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Asheville area wedding

I'm looking for a venue - lodge, farm, chalet for a Fall 2007 wedding.

Ideally, I'd like for some guests to be able to stay at the venue as well as host the ceremony and reception.

We're expecting around 150 guests.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Gwen

Asheville NC
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Asheville area wedding

We had ours at the Grove Park Inn. It was quite expensive but absolutely first class, could not have asked for more. Views are incredible, guest can stay there, and they do EVERYTHING...flowers, decor, cake, band, wine, catering... I give it a 10~

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Asheville area wedding

Ok, a few questions/points

1. Do you have a budget?

2. Are you planning on having it outside/inside?

3. Are you aware that Fall is an extremely busy tourist time here?

4. Do you want/need to be close to Asheville?

5. Have you triend contacting the Asheville Visitor's Bureau?

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
370 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Asheville area wedding

If you want something representative of Asheville, plus first class venue, food, and service, then you need to check out www.ExperienceM7.com. M7 Event Solutions manages 3 properties in the Asheville area. The Crest Center and Pavilion, Claxton Farm, and The Orchard at Broadmoor. If you are looking for a lodge/chalet then The Crest Center (www.thecrestcenter.com) would be ideal and if you are looking for a Farm setting then Claxton Farm (www.claxtonfarm.com) would be ideal. They do not have a hotel at the property but can arrange transportation for you. It is not too early to book for Fall next year as that is "prime time" for Asheville and venues book up quickly.

Congratulations and enjoy the planning process. I would be happy to answer any other questions that you may have.

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Asheville area wedding

Crest Center is a very nice property, owned by a friend of ours. Great views however does not have much in the way of accomodations - I think there are only 2 or 3 suites/rooms - though they plan to work on that.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
31 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Asheville area wedding

I'm thinking Claxton Farm seems to suit us nicely.

Thanks for the feedback.

6. Re: Asheville area wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 pm, August 20, 2009