We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt Inn & Suites, Flat Rock

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mt Inn & Suites, Flat Rock

Has anyone stayed here before? This is the one in Flat Rock, not the sister hotel a short distance away in Hendersonville. We'll be on our way from Gatlinburg area to Charleston, and want to spend a little time in this area, to visit Carl Sandburg home and Lake Lure. Orig wanted to stay in Lake Lure area but since we will only be able to stay one night ( a Sat), hotel availability is limited. Plan to have meal in Lake Lure - any suggestions? Thanks!

NC
Level Contributor
392 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt Inn & Suites, Flat Rock

Have stayed there several times. Good service, locally owned. The adjacent property - Mountain Lodge, is newer and an all-suite hotel. Much nicer. They both share the parking lot. There was a bed bug report posted online about the Inn and Suites some months ago, but it always seemed clean to me and I never saw any. Several Hendersonville properties have had them. I would probably stay there again - I liked it and it is a convenient location. BTW - the Flat Rock location actually IS in H/Ville ( even though they call it FR). And the other property is up 26 at Fletcher near the airport. Stayed there too but the noise level was higher than the other location. Rooms were fine.

Edited: 11:36 am, August 27, 2013
NC
Level Contributor
392 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt Inn & Suites, Flat Rock

P.S. Your dining choices are better in downtown Hendersonville than in Lake Lure.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt Inn & Suites, Flat Rock

Thanks - appreciate your insight! Wondering if I should switch my reservation over to the Mt Lodge? One thing that attracted me to Mt Inn & Suites was the complimentary wash, dry and fold of laundry - almost too good to be true - but the bed bug deal makes me nervous. On a happier note, any restaurant suggestions for Hendersonville?

NC
Level Contributor
392 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt Inn & Suites, Flat Rock

Lots of good choices:

historichendersonville.org/restaurants.htm

We like Champa Thai, Mrs. G & Me, Mean Mr. Mustards for breakfast or lunch...or HOT DOG WORLD for lunch!. Haven't been to the Irish Pub but I've heard good things about it. It smells good when I walk by! LOL.

Edited: 6:43 am, August 29, 2013
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mt Inn & Suites, Flat Rock

Thanks for your help :)

Hendersonville...
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mt Inn & Suites, Flat Rock

Both places are new and nice. You should have no issues. As far as food is concerned, do the morning in Lake Lure and eat Medinas Bistro. They have phenomenal morning grub. Eat in Hendersonville for lunch or dinner. There are plenty of restaraunts. Hot Dog World is a great local lunc joint and my favorite dinner places are Hannah Flanagans, Square Root, 2 guys Pizza, West First Pizza and Flat Rock Wood Room. You'll find it great here. Good luck!

7. Re: Mt Inn & Suites, Flat Rock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 31, 2014