We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

outdated info

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
amsterdam
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
outdated info

I think tripadvisor is fabulous for getting independent opinions about accommodations and restaurants. however - here is a bit of advise : why do you keep old review ratings as valable in ratings -- i mean here you have recent up to date info on restaurants competing with 2 year old reviews. now does that make sense ? no, i don't think so. why don't you just toss everything over a year old out if you don't get up to date information. restaurants are especially vulnerable to change and it steers people in the wrong direction to give outdated info.

Woodbine
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: outdated info

Thank you for making this point. It is disheartening to find the information you have just read really doesn't apply. It's not fair to either party.

Northampton...
Level Contributor
77 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: outdated info

In defense of TripAdvisor, the entries are dated, so it's easy enough for you as a user to make your own judgments about what's worthwhile and what's not. Having said that, well--what are you going to do? A place like TripAdvisor is only as good as the people who post on it.