We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is asheville or knoxville better airport

Level Contributor
387 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Is asheville or knoxville better airport

In mid-March, I plan to fly from Dallas into asheville or knoxville and rent a car to visit both cities. Is one airport preferable over the other?

Asheville, North...
Destination Expert
for Asheville
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is asheville or knoxville better airport

Should be more connections from Dallas to Knoxville, but both Delta and American to Atlanta will connect to Asheville.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
420 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is asheville or knoxville better airport

Asheville is a pretty small airport but they have a lot more flights now and you could find something direct from Dallas. It takes two hours to get from Knoxville to Asheville. It really depends on cost and how much you are willing to spend to fly to one or the other.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
388 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is asheville or knoxville better airport

Southwest Airlines just began flying into Greenville, SC. It is about an hour to Asheville by car. Pretty drive up Hwy 25 to I-26.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is asheville or knoxville better airport

If you can find a flight to Asheville you like, I would go Asheville. Convenient airport, small enough to be pretty hassle free but large enough to have good rental car options, etc. Greenville is an option I also typically consider but if you are rolling between Asheville and Knoxville then G'ville is 1 hour in the wrong direction so unless you get a really good deal, you probably want to stick with your original thoughts. Are you coming for work or play and pleasure? If play or pleasure then plan more time in Asheville. Great town with great food, beer, culture and much more inviting city experience. For fun you will drive right by the Pigeon River exactly mid-way between Asheville and Knoxville. Great adventure activities such as rafting and ziplines over the Pigeon River. There are great adventure activities in Asheville as well. Knoxville is much more big city, but it does have some neat areas close to downtown and UT campus.

5. Re: Is asheville or knoxville better airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 07, 2014
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question