We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any discounts for Inn at Biltmore Estate?

San Diego
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Any discounts for Inn at Biltmore Estate?

I want to book a stay at the Inn at Biltmore Estate. Must I book through the hotel's website, ONLY? I cannot find a website offering discount prices. Anyone have a source for me, please?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any discounts for Inn at Biltmore Estate?

I didn't find any discounts, but we booked for off peak which was a price break.

Edited: 7:38 am, February 16, 2011
Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
333 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any discounts for Inn at Biltmore Estate?

This may be your best choice for any discount. Hope it helps.

www.biltmore.com/buy_tickets/specials.asp

San Diego
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any discounts for Inn at Biltmore Estate?

After searching everywhere on the internet and requesting info on TA, it appears that the Inn at the Biltmore Estate can only be booked directly. No middle men, no web specials, no Travelocity deals, nothing. I am posting this information to prevent others from wasting as much time as I did looking around. The Biltmore controls these rooms, and does not allow them to be discounted outside.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
398 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any discounts for Inn at Biltmore Estate?

That is correct. The estate is owned and operated by the family. Once you are there you will realize what a huge responsibility financially it is to keep this place up. The only discounts you will get are not coming for the festivals, the fall, or on the weekends. If staying on the estate is out of your price range you might try the hand full of hotels that are just outside the gate. There are also many hotels, inns, and B&B that offer Biltmore Packages too. Hope that you find that visiting the estate is as worth it as I do. I live down the street and visit often with my annual pass. It is a wonderful place and there are many things to do other than tour the house. (FYI- spend the money on the audio tour in the house! It's worth it!) Enjoy!

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any discounts for Inn at Biltmore Estate?

<<After searching everywhere on the internet and requesting info on TA, it appears that the Inn at the Biltmore Estate can only be booked directly.>>

I want to applaud your search efforts. Many folks do no research on their own, here on TA or elsewhere, but fire away a question first.

<<I am posting this information to prevent others from wasting as much time as I did looking around.>>

And I doubly applaud you coming back and posting the results of your research. That's what TA is all about - sharing information.

I didn't know the answer to your question about the Inn, but then as I live here I haven't ever looked to stay there. I'll file that tidbit away as I like to "hang out" here in the AVL forum and will be able to share that in the future if the question comes up. Thanks again for your efforts.

I also second Purple Lady's suggestion to don't visit just the house. The gardens are interesting any time of year, especially the conservatory. There is also a nice walk around the bass pond, and a waterfall. Enjoy!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
659 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any discounts for Inn at Biltmore Estate?

I was just at the visitor's center last week and the lady who works the Biltmore desk told us that she could always match any online prices. She is affiliated with the company. Right now through the end of March there is an online deal for $29.00 to see the house. This is at least $20 off the usual rate. (We were there for other things this time, so didn't take her up on the offer).

The visitor's center is located downtown and worth a stop if you are unfamiliar with the area.

Do take the advice and tour the gardens, do get the audio if this is your first visit, do make room for ice cream in the courtyard, and do eat on the premises if you are pressed for time.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any discounts for Inn at Biltmore Estate?

Atinor, OP asked about possible discounts for the Inn and not for admission to the estate

North Carolina
Level Contributor
659 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any discounts for Inn at Biltmore Estate?

I am quite aware what the question was. I was addressing the discount pricing part of the question and I was actually very excited to share my information on this thread thinking it would perhaps help someone else. Sorry to upset your apple cart.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any discounts for Inn at Biltmore Estate?

Atinor, I apologize. You misread my comment. I think this is great information to let more visitors in March know about it. Maybe you should make a new thread? Not everybody who wants to visit Biltmore is going to open up a post about the inn. I often see posts here asking for discounted rate to Biltmore Estate and this was the first post I noticed about possible discounts to the inn. I stayed at the inn once and what can I say. IMHO, we paid a high price for a setting and views from our top floor room, not a room itself.

10. Re: Any discounts for Inn at Biltmore Estate?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, October 11, 2012