We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend 'to do's' in Asheville?

Fargo
4 posts
Save Topic
Weekend 'to do's' in Asheville?

Have any of you done the wine tour at Biltmore? How long would you recommend to tour Bilmore and do the wine tour? We also love to go out for dinner and have some drinks/wine/beer and hang out - what are some fun places in or around Asheville to go on a Friday or Sat night?

Mentioned in this post
Asheville
Asheville
North Carolina Mountains, NC
Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend 'to do's' in Asheville?

We like to wander around and just nibble some nights so we often start at 4pm at Sante Wine Bar in the Grove Arcade for light bar food (olives, cheese, bread, crackers) and then move on...Zambra's for tapas and wine...Thirsty Monk for Belgian beer and cheese or crepes...the Chocolate Bar for wonderful chocolate...

Mentioned in this post
Grove Arcade
Grove Arcade
760 Reviews
Asheville, NC
Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
1,278 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend 'to do's' in Asheville?

best advice i ever heard! have an excellent evening!

Fargo
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend 'to do's' in Asheville?

Sounds PERFECT to me! Thanks! I'll make sure to add some reviews after we get back...but I think you just planned a night for us;)

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend 'to do's' in Asheville?

and some other options....

Bar 100 at Market Place on Wall St. - this long time, fairly consistently good restaurant has opened a restaurant within a restaurant concept with Bar 100 featuring food from within 100 miles of Asheville - some great "sharing plates" of local cheeses and I loved the spicy lemongrass martini I had there.

plus there are several sushi places...we just tried Kubo's and had some great sushi last night.

Mentioned in this post
The Market Place Restaurant
The Market Place...
807 Reviews
Asheville, NC
Asheville
Asheville
North Carolina Mountains, NC
5. Re: Weekend 'to do's' in Asheville?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, October 06, 2009