We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"12 Bones Smokehouse"

Florida
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
"12 Bones Smokehouse"

I would like to hear from some of you who have eaten at "12 Bones". I have heard mixed reviews. How about the sauce is it hot vinegary (what I like) none of that sweet ketchup taste for me, and what about the sides are they as good as they sound. I would love to have any imput.

Salisbury, North...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "12 Bones Smokehouse"

Molly,

I have not eaten there but, did you check out the review ? I may drive to Asheville to eat there!!Did you see the line? I doubt there would be such a line . Lets check with some locals I have lived in Asheville but, Never been I certainly will! Check out the pictures seems like red sauce on the ribs ( they may have both)

Let see who comes on to tel us!!! Looks good to me

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "12 Bones Smokehouse"

I'm a local but sad to say I haven't eaten here...mostly 'cause I'm not that into BBQ. My husband loves it though. He and the guys from work often make a beeline to 12 Bones if they can get there early enough to avoid the lines.

Florida
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "12 Bones Smokehouse"

Thanks, Weaverville for the tip on the lines at 12 Bones. When would you suggest going to avoid the lines? Is it mostly working people on lunch hour? Did your husband mention what kind of sauce they have?

Mentioned in this post
Weaverville
Weaverville
North Carolina Mountains, NC
Asheville NC
Level Contributor
23 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "12 Bones Smokehouse"

I wait in line at least once a week to eat there. I love it more than life itself. They have both sweet and spicy sauces. The sides are incredible... best mac and cheese around. EAT AT 12 BONES!

Asheville, North...
Destination Expert
for Asheville
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "12 Bones Smokehouse"

The lines move quickly, the sand sculptures near the parking lot are a distraction while you're waiting and the food is definitely worth the wait. Closed on weekends.

6. Re: "12 Bones Smokehouse"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, October 01, 2009