We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little help... I'm coming into Ashville from Birmingham, AL

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
B'ham, AL
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Little help... I'm coming into Ashville from Birmingham, AL

This weekend. Should I take 59 through Chattanooga & Knoxville? Or should I take 20 to Atlanta & up from there?

Thanks! & If anyone knows a good restaurant near the DoubleTree for Saturday night, that wuold be an added bonus! Thanks in advance

Western North...
Level Contributor
407 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Little help... I'm coming into Ashville from Birmingham, AL

My sister lived in Birmingham (she is in Huntsville now :) ) and we always drove Chattanooga/Knoxville/Asheville.

However, I have done the Atlanta route in the past and the traffic was so unbearable. But, there may not be construction now... and I did hit Atlanta at rush hour. I still think Chatt/Knox is faster though.

As for restaurants.... what would you be looking for? Frankie Bones is nice and fun and not too far away.

I have a new favorite restaurant now, Thornhill Fine Dining, and I wouldn't hesitate to drive there. It is out of the way, but definitely worth the drive!

B'ham, AL
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Little help... I'm coming into Ashville from Birmingham, AL

THanks!

I was definately thinking Chatt>Knox>Asheville, but I wanted to make sure. As for a restaurant, we're younger (30) & would like great food, but also great atmosphere... Live Music a bonus. Thanks again!

sassafrasnanc
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Little help... I'm coming into Ashville from Birmingham, AL

I agree with Frankie Bones and Thornhill (OMG! Is that place not the bomb!!! The best food I have had in Asheville!) Frankie Bones has really good food and a great atmosphere too, fun, fun.

It sounds like you may want to head up town though and not necessarily eat by your hotel, if you like live music that is.....

So if you find yourself downtown check out Bouchon they have great food. You will find great music around town. Check out Tressas for some awesome jazz and a fun time! Most of the venues will have music on the weekend. You wont be disappointed.

4. Re: Little help... I'm coming into Ashville from Birmingham, AL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, September 27, 2009