We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Linville Caverns

Tampa
1 post
Save Topic
Linville Caverns

Has anyone been? Is it worth going?

I'll be going to Asheville in the beginning of May.

Any info would be appreciated on what to do while i'm there.

Thanks!

Michelle

Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Linville Caverns

Linville is a cool cave both litterally and figuratively. It is about an hour and half from Asheville, but you could take a day and cruise north on the Blue Ridge Parkway and get a 2 for 1 kind of trip out of it. I have been to it and it has been a few years. It is a decent cavern to tour.

Asheville NC
Level Contributor
23 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Linville Caverns

I think it is worth a day trip. Only about an hour away if you take 321... Parkway would take longer..

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
258 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Linville Caverns

I've never been from Asheville, so I'm not sure how far it is, but I would say most likely, it's worth whatever the trip takes. I've been a couple times and the Linville area is great! The caverns are amazing, and it's just a lovely area...definitely worth a day trip!

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Linville Caverns

It's about 40 miles from Asheville, NC to Marion, NC where Linville Caverns is located. I'm not sure how far out of town it is, though.

I'd like to try it myself!

5. Re: Linville Caverns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 22, 2009