We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picnic

atlanta
Level Contributor
580 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Picnic

I am leaving Sunday for my trip and cannot wait. We are interested in driving the parkway one day and having a picnic. Any suggestion for picnic stops along the way? Stops and sites in general? Are there any shoppes downtown that have premade picnic food I can pick up on my way?

Michigan
Level Contributor
426 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Picnic

We like Craggy Gardens for a picnic spot. It is around milepost 367. The color should be outstanding by first of next week there. It is about 15 miles north of Asheville. I found a website with some photos that were taken on the BRP last Friday. These were at a very high elevation so they turn early. The color this year looks outstanding from these early photos.

www.pbase.com/waterfallrich/fall_2007&page=1

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
1,216 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Picnic

the parkway is dotted with spots for a picnic, just meander along until YOU find one more appealing than the others. thats the way we do it any way. you should have no trouble finding a view and a nice place to stop. enjoy your trip and good luck! we usually pack a cooler with beer and chicken wings some grapes, cheese, and always a healthy serving of nanner puddin. but if you see a dairy queen grab a few dilly bars and drive fast!

3. Re: Picnic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, September 11, 2009