We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice hotel with mountain views??

USA
Level Contributor
322 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
nice hotel with mountain views??

Hi all...I would to take my husband for a long weekend to Asheville, do some hiking etc...The Grove Park Inn looks amazing on their own website, but I'm not thrilled with the reviews here...and being a tripavisor member for awhile, I now know better, than to go by a hotel's own website...

Can anyone recommend a pretty little hotel in the mountain area..with views...and maybe a nice pool, indoor or spa??

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: nice hotel with mountain views??

In the Asheville area, GPI is about it for what you are looking for. I've stayed there several times and always loved it....but of course, the people who didn't can't be discounted. Most of the A'Ville area hotels are budget types except for a few like Inn at Biltmore ( will have decent views) and Renaissance ( a downtown property). GPI's pools are unmatched anywhere in the country - and I've been to some of the best spas out west in Scottsdale and Palm Springs. If you are looking for spa/pool amenities, you won't come close to GPI anywhere else in the area. My only downside is that they have about priced themselves out of my budget range - even when I want to splurge! Best wishes.

Mentioned in this post
Scottsdale
Scottsdale
Central Arizona, AZ
Palm Springs
Palm Springs
Greater Palm Springs, CA
2. Re: nice hotel with mountain views??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, September 05, 2009