We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls' Weekend Getaway

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
337 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Girls' Weekend Getaway

I would like to plan a weekend getaway for a friend who is turning 50 in September.

Asheville seems like a good choice as it is well within driving distance.

Can anyone make recommendations as to accommodations for 3 women? I'd like something special - either something with a spa...or maybe a nice bed and breakfast near shopping and good restaurants.

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls' Weekend Getaway

While Grove Park Inn would immediately come to mind you may also want to consider Secret Garden in Weaverville ( 10 min from Asheville). They have B& B lodging and you can stroll down to Well Bred Bakery for cappucino and croissant or across the street to Blue Mtn pizza for pizza and open mic night and maybe one night have dinner at Stoney Knob just about 2 miles away and of course there's always downtown ASheville.

Lewisville, North...
Level Contributor
271 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls' Weekend Getaway

If you stay in the downtown area, you will be in the heart of a lot of great restaurants and neat shops. I would take a look at the reviews on this website to determine where to stay. Grove Park Inn is very nice, but it has a nice pricetag to go with it.

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls' Weekend Getaway

How about the Princess Anne? It is off Charlotte St. walking distance to downtown and City Bakery (yumm) and you could do spa treatments at Sensibilities on Haywood near Civic Center.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
34 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls' Weekend Getaway

If you're splurging, I'd look at the Haywood Park Hotel. That would put you in the center of downtown and you wouldn't have to drive anywhere the whole weekend.

Oh, and I would second Sensibilities for spa treatments.

5. Re: Girls' Weekend Getaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, September 05, 2009