We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ashville, NC hotels and Biltmore Inn

chesapeake, virginia
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Ashville, NC hotels and Biltmore Inn

Need help.....staying at he Biltmore Inn is rather pricy. Trying to justify spending that much money. Planning to do theCandlelight Tour in Dec. Wavering between staying at the Biltmore Inn or much less expensive hotel like the Holiday Inn Epress Biltmore or Baymont Inn. Is there a problem parking if you stay off property. Are these two hotels near restaurants...from what I have read they are close to the Historic Biltmore village..does that mean walking distance from the hotels (mile or less)? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I want to quickly reserve our roomand tour. Thanks

Go! Running Tours Asheville
Sightseeing Tours, Running Tours
Blue Ridge Hiking Company - Day Hikes
Hiking & Camping Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Asheville Hiking Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ashville, NC hotels and Biltmore Inn

The Baymont would be close to the Biltmore Estate entrance. TGIF, LaPaz, Fig ( Biltmore Village area)--some local and chain eating options are close.

I think the HI Express Biltmore you are talking about is actually on Tunnel Road, which is where a lot of the chain restaurants are, a mall etc. Not a far drive from the estate--maybe 5 miles- not a walking option though. 'Biltmore' in the title does not necessarily mean it is close to the estate.

Parking at the Estate is free (!) or included with the ticket entry price. Lots of parking as you park a distance from the house. You drive a distance to the Estate.

I have not renewed my season pass for some time so you may want to check out your current options but...You pay more for the candlelight service which is only done by reservation and during evening hours. You can see the house during the day for the going rate and need no reservations. The house is still decorated for the holidays-just no candles. Just a thought.

Don't miss downtown Asheville. DT Asheville and Biltmore area are 2 different places. DT has lots of restaurants within a small walkable area.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Mentioned in this post
Biltmore Estate
Biltmore Estate
19,053 Reviews
Asheville, NC
Biltmore Village
Biltmore Village
826 Reviews
Asheville, NC
Florida
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ashville, NC hotels and Biltmore Inn

The Baymont on Hendersonville Highway is in a good location and the rates are very reasonable. I have stayed there twice and the rooms have been very clean, and beleive me I am very hard to please. The down side is the rooms are very small. For just two people it works out ok. They only have one elevator. We had to use the stairs mostly. It was always in use. We were on the second floor which wasn't too far to walk. The breakfast room is very small. We never used it ......wanted to eat at "Hot Shot Resturant" that is in walking distance of the motel. Country ham and bisquits at very good prices. Everything they have is good. I have been eating breakfast there for 20 years off and on. Hope these suggestions help and you enjoy your visit. There is no place like Asheville. I love it. By the way, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express next to the Baymont and was not pleased. A lot of loud noise and the room was not clean.

Mentioned in this post
Holiday Inn Express Asheville
Holiday Inn Express...
529 Reviews
Asheville, NC
Fairview, North...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ashville, NC hotels and Biltmore Inn

Another alternative in that area is the Doubletree--somewhat more expensive than the others, but attached to TGIFridays. But you shouldn't eat in a chain restaurant in Asheville--too many good local ones, including Fig, Rezaz, and Corner Kitchen in Biltmore Village.

The HI Express is on Hendersonville Road, next to Baymont and across from the Sleep Inn and Doubletree. All are very close to the estate.

Another alternative, if you'd like something in between the Estate hotel and the ones on Hendersonville Road, is Biltmore Village Inn, a wonderful VIctorian B&B on top of the hill that rises at the rear of the Village. Rates there go from about $200 to $350 in the Christmas season, and that includes breakfast.

Mentioned in this post
The Corner Kitchen
The Corner Kitchen
3,617 Reviews
Asheville, NC
Biltmore Village
Biltmore Village
826 Reviews
Asheville, NC
Biltmore Village Inn
Biltmore Village Inn
1,668 Reviews
Asheville, NC
4. Re: Ashville, NC hotels and Biltmore Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 pm, September 03, 2009