We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Tree Farms

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Christmas Tree Farms

My husband and I will be in Asheville the week after Thanksgiving and I would love to visit a Christmas tree farm. While we don't put up a real tree, I would love to buy a wreath! Has anyone been to any that they would recommend?

5 replies to this topic
Jonas Ridge, North...
Level Contributor
241 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Tree Farms

I don't know of any up that way (although they likely are some) but if you come up or go back I40, 221 North from Marion or 181 North from Morganton will take you to Avery County/Newland which is a local center for Christmas tree farms. If you go that route let me know by private message or here and I'll help any way I can.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,681 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Tree Farms

Haven't been to any, but here's a list to check out:

https:/…christmas_tree_farms.htm

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
398 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Tree Farms

Actually, many of the tree farms from north of here have booths at our Regional Farmers Market. The prices are similar to the farm prices. Not quite the same experience, but you can get a wreath. Still a fun visit though. If you want to drive up to Christmas tree farm, the closest ones about an hourish north.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,681 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Tree Farms

Lots of Christmas trees around Boone. They need a higher elevation than Asheville's area.

Chapel Hill, NC
Level Contributor
157 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Tree Farms

There are Christmas tree farms all through Ashe and part of Yancey counties.

Reply to: Christmas Tree Farms
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted